Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: 108:unlock keyboard ???  (Read 5610 times)

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: 108:unlock keyboard ???
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2009, 12:17:47 PM »
The CPU gets warm.
The fans make alarm.
The  HDD vibration can be felt.
Smoke from the power supply can be smelt.
The keyboard lights can be seen.
While the monitor is in a dream.
  :-*

Lyniaer

Rookie

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2009, 01:51:18 PM »
    Yep.  The arguing part iiss...awesome!

Love the poem, too.  Something Adam Sandler would come up with.

As for the computer, BC_Programmer has his the nail on the head.
    Also, someone else had made a good point.  Some BIOS/MoBo eggheads have replaced the recognizable POST "beeps" with POST "blinks" using LEDs.  You can probably have these checked out and you'll most likely be rewarded with the "CMOS Checksum Bad".

Also, if your battery isn't a CR2032 or CR2025 it's probably one of those retarded lithium cell stacks on a wire plugged into the mobo somewhere, you can call a business here state-side that I deal with.  If they can't get a part for you, then your only two options are Santa Clause and Jesus.

http://www.cumb.com/

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #17 on: November 30, 2009, 03:28:50 PM »
    Did anyone mention that a good PC will try to boot the floppy if the CMOS has been set to default or has been reset by the jumper.
    Some monitors  just don't respond well. You may have to flick it on and off until it comes alive. I had that happen.  :-[

Lyniaer

Rookie

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2009, 12:59:56 AM »
      Did anyone mention that a good PC will try to boot the floppy if the CMOS has been set to default or has been reset by the jumper.

If I remember correctly, that was a Gateway/Biostar thing.  Or maybe it was IBM/Biostar.  I know it was Biostar, but I can't remember what brand they were contracted with.  I know today we have Pheonix AWARD and Altec Lansing at the top of the list and these are smart enough to work their way down a list until they find an MBR.