Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Screen goes blank on laptop  (Read 1888 times)

Marcia123

Screen goes blank on laptop
« on: December 12, 2009, 07:20:33 PM »
Hello.  I have a Toshiba Satellite A215 laptop, running Vista.  I have had it about 1 1/2 years.  From the beginning the screen has gone blank while I'm using it.  It doesn't seem to matter if I'm surfing the web or just doing word processing.  I can hear it running in the background, but the screen is blank except for a "glow" around the edge.  When I first got it I took it back to Best Buy for the same problem.  They had it for a couple of days (I have no idea what they did), but it worked fine for a couple of months, then the problem started again.  Recently it seems to be getting worse.  The only way to get it back on is to manually shut it down.

I am a novice, so any suggestions would be a help.  It's getting really annoying.

Thanks.

h0thead132

Greenhorn

Re: Screen goes blank on laptop
    « Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 01:19:44 AM »
    try using [FN] + F4 it switches the screen between the laptop screen and an external screen

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Screen goes blank on laptop
    « Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 07:18:46 AM »
    try using [FN] + F4 it switches the screen between the laptop screen and an external screen
    ???

I'd take it back to whoever repaired it the first time and ask them what they did. Sounds like a hw problem though.