Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problem With my acer laptop  (Read 3448 times)

aplowdena

Problem With my acer laptop
« on: December 19, 2009, 11:49:18 AM »
My acer aspire laptop doesn't play some games such as call of duty 4, it just says 'Video card or driver doesn't support UBYTE4N vertex data' How can i solve this problem? :'(

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Problem With my acer laptop
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 01:09:23 PM »
Hello,
Did you Google that?
UBYTE4N
There are a number of references to this all over the Internet. You could've just did a Google by yourselves and found lots of people already had this problem. Anyway, the general story is that your hardware is just not compatible with that game. So, either forget the game, or buy new hardware.
If you think there should be a simpler answer, sorry, it's not likely.

But please do not go away mad. allow me to ask you about the vendor that sold you the software. He should have posted on his website information about the requirements for the game. If not, then you have a valid reason to ask for a refund. This is so even if you are ready open package. Here in the United States, I assume you bought it from a vendor here in the United States, there are laws regarding information and accuracy in advertising. If the game had been advertised in such a way as to imply or suggest that it would work on any of the newer computers, including yours, then you would have reasonable cause to complain against this vendor.
If that says it's your case, we would like to know who that vendor is so that the rest of us can be aware.

robin1232

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 04:27:26 PM »
    in the future, go to the website http://www.canyourunit.com to see if you can run a game

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 05:59:15 PM »
    If the game had been advertised in such a way as to imply or suggest that it would work on any of the newer computers, including yours, then you would have reasonable cause to complain against this vendor.

I believe the game requirements preclude any sort of laptop configuration that would have integrated Intel graphics, as is the case here.
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 01:04:52 PM »