Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: The file cannot be executed ... the host is infected  (Read 3275 times)

m1eyp

Topic Starter

The file cannot be executed ... the host is infected
    « on: January 16, 2010, 07:22:17 AM »
    I see that others have reported same problem.  It has got to be the most disruptive and stubborn virus I have so far come across.  When the "Antivirus software alert" pop-ups appear, they look suspiciously unauthentic.

I have tried to work through what you advise before posting a help request, but every stage is prevented, informed by the "Security Warning" message in the subject line.  The Windows Security Alert goes to scan, then informs me of over 30 horrid viruses, trojans, worms etc on my computer, but when going to cleanse/remove, it directs me to stump up $49.95 for the upgrade.  I suspect this isn't authentic either!

I am absolutely stuck, if you could possibly help at all.  Thanks for a great forum.

Tom

m1eyp

Topic Starter

Re: The file cannot be executed ... the host is infected
      « Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 07:35:48 AM »
      Just to add, I have been able to download the AVG and CCleaner to the infected PC, and install them, but the virus then prevents me from opening/running them.  I using Mozilla Firefox to use this website, IE is another that is blocked by the virus.

harry 48

Egghead

• lay back , relax and chill out
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Dribbling Pensioner
      • Certifications: List
      • Experience: Familiar
      Re: The file cannot be executed ... the host is infected
      « Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 08:00:14 AM »
      did you try and run them in safe mode