Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can't find ubuntu uninstall  (Read 4599 times)

james202428

Can't find ubuntu uninstall
« on: November 28, 2009, 03:21:02 PM »
Hello i have being using ubuntu for about 4 months and i have istalled and uninstalled it about 4 times  i want to unistall it again and reload it but i can't find the ubuntu unistall in control panel.

And also i can't even get into ubuntu most of the time this is also why i want to reload it

TheUnixGuy

Beginner

Re: Can't find ubuntu uninstall
    « Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 03:18:27 AM »
    Hello,

Maybe you've installed it on a dedicated partition rather than alongside your Windows?

And also i can't even get into ubuntu most of the time this is also why i want to reload it

Can you explain a bit more on this?
    « Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 03:35:26 AM by TheUnixGuy »
    When it rains, most birds head for shelter; Eagle is the only bird that flies above the clouds to avoid rain.

james202428

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 11:15:41 PM »
    Well ten percent of the time it will go though. the rest of the time it says this

try [hd0.0] nt5s5 then about a minute later this pops up

GNU GRUB VERSION 1.97 Beta4 [Minimal bask-like line editing is supported for the first word tab lists possible commands completions any where else tab list possible device/file completions 

then is shows this below with a blinking _

Shi GRUB>_

And when i hit tab and type in all the things it has listed only exit and reboot does stuff the reboot will reboot it and exit will lock it up i can't do nothing i can't exit i can't type anything else in

I do remember ubuntu being in add and remove programs

I used wubi to download it
    « Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 03:37:14 AM by james202428 »

TheUnixGuy

Beginner

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 12:03:38 PM »
      Hello,

I assume that the GRUB Prompt appears when you try to boot. If its not so, please let me know.

In the
      sh:Grub>
      Prompt, type exactly the following code:

Code: [Select]
      root (hd0,0)
      chainloader +1
      boot

It should boot Windows. We can move on with a positive reply from your side.
      When it rains, most birds head for shelter; Eagle is the only bird that flies above the clouds to avoid rain.

adoBo_Justin

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2010, 02:36:44 AM »
        Hello,

I assume that the GRUB Prompt appears when you try to boot. If its not so, please let me know.

In the
        sh:Grub>
        Prompt, type exactly the following code:

Code: [Select]
        root (hd0,0)
        chainloader +1
        boot

It should boot Windows. We can move on with a positive reply from your side.

isnt root (hd0,0) the recovery ?
        or should it be root (hd0,1)