Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Blank Blue Screen  (Read 3101 times)

Nyyfn

Topic Starter

Blank Blue Screen
    « on: January 20, 2010, 11:53:41 AM »
    Okay, I have a problem involving my computer.

It's a newly built machine, say, about 2 weeks old. Custom built of course.

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate edition.

The problem is that whenever I turn my computer on in the morning/afternoon after it's been shutdown for the night it eventually crashes and brings up a blank light blue-ish screen. No text, nothing.

This usually happens 5-10 minutes after I've been doing something like browsing the internet. And when I turn my computer back on, I get the "Windows has shut down unexpectedly" and I'm given the option to run in safe mode, normal, etc.

When checking the event logs, I'm always given a critical error when this happens:
    http://i47.tinypic.com/15oikiw.jpg

I assumed this was a motherboard chipset error. Which would make sense, since I forgot to use the installation disc that came with my motherboard. So, I dig out the disc and insert it and install everything it recommends. So, here I am thinking I'm all set to go.. But, when I turn my computer on this morning, while checking the weather (snow  >:( ), my computer once again crashes into this blue screen. I don't know what to do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. And I will supply any more details if needed.

Thanks.

Edit: Oh, I forgot to add, the Computer works perfectly after I start it up after the crash. Everything works fine, until I shut it down and boot it back up several hours later.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Blank Blue Screen
    « Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 08:28:32 PM »
    Motherboard standoffs installed correctly ? ?
    Thermal paste applied on the CPU/heatsink ? ?
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Nyyfn

Topic Starter

Re: Blank Blue Screen
      « Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 08:49:02 PM »
      Motherboard standoffs installed correctly ? ?
      Thermal paste applied on the CPU/heatsink ? ?

Thermal paste is applied. And I have all standoffs but one installed when putting everything together. Nothing seems loose, so I didn't think much of it.