Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Printing pages from Word .doc  (Read 2762 times)

denisaf

Topic Starter

Hopeful

Printing pages from Word .doc
    « on: January 28, 2010, 05:43:59 PM »
    I want to print isolated pages from a large .doc I find the page and check with Print Preview. I then Print and the Print page comes up. I click on Current Page and then OK. The printed page is not the one I selected.

oldun

Re: Printing pages from Word .doc
    « Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 06:12:51 PM »
    Have you made sure that the cursor (insertion point) is in the current page?

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 06:22:27 PM »
    Is there a 'page in range" setting ? ?
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

denisaf

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 07:04:20 PM »
      Page range
      All
      Current page
      Pages

I have used Current page successfully and unsuccessfully
      I have entered Pages in the box and that has been successful and unsuccessful. There I used the page numbers in the bar at the bottom of the screen

soybean

Genius
      • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #4 on: January 29, 2010, 10:30:04 AM »
      How many pages is this document?  If you print a page with a low number, relative to the size of the document, is that more likely to be successful than if you go far down the document and select a page to print?  I'm wondering whether there's a certain point in the document at which page number selection for printing begins to not work correctly.

denisaf

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2010, 03:11:31 PM »
        There are 1320 pages in the .doc. I believe I have now worked out what the problem was. For example, I could input 'go to page 1289' to get to the start of the 'end notes' I wanted to print. On Normal View, Page No 1289 would come up. On Print View, the start of the 'end notes' were there with page number 1289 on it. Printing 'current page' gave the start of the 'end notes' with page number 1289. However, if I do a Print Review, the page number becomes 1337. I can print a number of pages if I put the correct page numbers form the Print Review. This applies throughout the document. The problem stemmed from my not using the Print Review.
        Thank you for your input.

denisaf

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2010, 04:34:39 PM »
          This problem has now been resolved by using the Print Review to obtain the page numbers. Thanks to those who have helped to resolve this issue.