Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: win 7 problems  (Read 2498 times)

ctryhnny

win 7 problems
« on: February 06, 2010, 05:18:28 AM »
I'm not very computer literate but I have a Dell Inspirion one running win 7...brand new with a lot of problems.  One is that at the top of some of the web pages I'm on, particularly my google mail...at the end of the address box where the refresh and X buttons are there is a picture of a 'broken page' and when I right click on it it says "compatibility view:  websites designed for older browsers will often look better and problems such as out of place menus, images or text will be corrected".  Does that mean there is a problem with the web site and can I get rid of it?  The next problem is that I had an epson printer that was compatible with win 7 but would not install no matter what I did. I was on the phone with epson and dell for a week and it ended up with Dell saying it's a software issue with the pc.  This is a brand new pc out of the box how can there be software issues so fast? ???...thanks for any help I can get.

jkolak

Hopeful
    Re: win 7 problems
    « Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 07:08:15 AM »
    Microsoft in making a major revamp of IE has offered Compatibility View for those web sites that are not working right in the new IE.

I haven't found Compatibility View to make much difference in my browsing.

You might try Firefox or Google Chrome.

When I installed Windows 7 it advised me some of the printer software might have to be upgraded to Windows 7 compatible versions. So Dell is telling you it is Epson's responsibility to fix it.