Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I suspect motherboard issues  (Read 6217 times)

EEVIAC

Re: I suspect motherboard issues
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2010, 12:02:49 AM »
Your description of voltages dropping out of spec indicates motherboard issues.  Probably a bad capacitor in the voltage regulator circuits of the motherboard.

this could be..

let's have him test the new PSU voltages with his multimeter, while it's installed.  He bought a good psu so, if the voltages are still flopping around then I would say your theory is right, but if not, then the board and psu are likely good...

lino4

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2010, 12:51:35 AM »
    this could be..

let's have him test the new PSU voltages with his multimeter, while it's installed.  He bought a good psu so, if the voltages are still flopping around then I would say your theory is right, but if not, then the board and psu are likely good...

Actually I did test the new PSU not too long ago. Voltages are still crazy, but it's not as bad as the other PSU, though.

I won't be able to get another motherboard for months probably, but it works well enough for now.

Eric1611

Beginner

« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2010, 06:59:08 AM »
      Did you (Re-) install the correct drivers ???????????????

Good luck............Greetings:Eric.........

[Saving space, attachment deleted by admin]
      Christmas is a time when kids tell Santa what they want and adults pay for it. Deficits are when adults tell the government what they want - and their kids pay for it.
      Richard Lamm.

lino4

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2010, 07:37:04 PM »
        Yeah I've been through an entire Windows reinstall, in fact.

Also the computer gave me a bunch of beeps when I started it up this morning. Other than that it worked normally.

Eric1611

Beginner

« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2010, 07:30:43 AM »
          Well I`m no computer-whizz (not even close !),so I wish you all the best...
          The thing I do know is that there hasn`t been a problem I have had the people on this (fine) forum could not fix !!!
          I`m shure that if you keep trying you`ll figure it out...

Again,all the best,greetings from Amsterdam:Eric...............

[Saving space, attachment deleted by admin]
          Christmas is a time when kids tell Santa what they want and adults pay for it. Deficits are when adults tell the government what they want - and their kids pay for it.
          Richard Lamm.