Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: boot into msdos to run dos progs?  (Read 6825 times)

PunkA

Topic Starter

Rookie

boot into msdos to run dos progs?
    « on: February 15, 2010, 01:38:43 PM »
    Can I boot my system into dos from the D:\ drive? I want to run AFLASH.EXE utility to save a copy of my bios and possibly in case I find I have to do an upgrade later. The program only runs in dos and it won't fire from the DOS PROMPT. I am just fearful to install MS-DOS 6.21 in the C:\  because I don't want two OSs in the same partition. I heard that's always a bad idea. What is your advice on this topic? Thanks. ??? 

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: boot into msdos to run dos progs?
    « Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 03:26:29 PM »
    What exactly are you trying to accomplish here ? ?
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

PunkA

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: boot into msdos to run dos progs?
      « Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 04:55:23 PM »
       I have W2k with all my personal apps and files installed. On a second hdd, I have MS-DOS6.22 installed on the C:\ drive. I want to know if I clone the the first hdd could it be transferedr to the partition on the second hdd-which is already formatted for NTFS. That way I won't have to reinstall everything all over again and will have access to two OSes. I would have to know how to get MS-DOS to recognize and external hardrive where the transfer operation would occur and I probably need a driver for that, right? And so where would I find that driver?