Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Loss of computer after attempt at backup  (Read 18568 times)

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Loss of computer after attempt at backup
« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2010, 01:25:21 PM »
Post a screenshot of what Paragon is showing for drives and partitions...
And post a description of how you have these physical drives and partitions laid out prior to the image backup...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

truenorth

Topic Starter

Guru

« Reply #61 on: March 06, 2010, 07:45:42 AM »
    patio, I will require some guidance of how to produce the information you desire (while it is still available before i have the paragon instructions). IE: How do i create a screen shot when i still have the limited access to that computer? I can try a digital picture and send that but i don't know what the quality and word definition will look like. As to what the partitions were "prior" to the image backup:
    A) If they were different than what they now appear on the Paragon wizard (which i doubt) i sure cannot remember. I do remember that there were/are 3 on each physical HD. Also to the best of my recollection i believe one on each physical HD was an NTSF and the others were FAT32. But what the assigned letters to them as to the file format i cannot remember. On the wizard the way they are lettered at the moment is from "C" through "H" inclusive. Whereas originally there were "E" and "I" for the 2 optical drives in the wizard they are "X" and "Y" if i remember from my only observation. Anyway they are much later in the alphabet than they were originally.
      If you can tell me how i can give you the info you request i will make every effort to comply. It usually takes 3-4 days before Paragon replies so i do have some time to try to get you the info.truenorth

truenorth

Topic Starter

Guru

« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2010, 09:52:16 AM »
      THIS POST IS COMING TO YOU FROM MY SONY VIAO. OK OK enough shouting! But boy do i ever feel i have earned it. To all of you that have endeavored with your knowledge and experience to assist me a great big thank you. It was largely due to 2 factors that i have recovered it.
      1.The iso software program provided from Paragon and
      2.My wife standing over my shoulder holding my feet to the fire as i tried to follow the instructions (which i will add to this post when i go over to my Compaq where they are) as
      a) typical of a lot of males i have a hard time with understanding instructions.
      b) the sequence explained in the instructions were not accurate and it took some initiative and imagination to find a workaround method of using them.
        This subject seemed to have generated a lot of views. So to those of you that were following it and have hung in there my message would be:
      a) don't give up and
      b)persevere.
      truenorth ;D
      Dear XXX, Sorry for delay. Please boot from Paragon Recovery CD and follow the instructions to update MBR: * Select Normal Mode * Run Paragon Backup and recovery * Check how your system partition is shown in Disk Map: ~check if it is not Invalid ~check if it is Active ~check if it has C: letter assigned If all these is correct, go to next step * Right-click the HDD (not a single partition) with system partition and select 'Update MBR' * Confirm operation * Once completed, restart you PC and check if it boots. Please let us know about any results. ______________________ With best regards, Anna Pankratova Support Engineer Paragon Software Group
      Attachment: (0 Mb)