Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can't use admin privalages xp sp2  (Read 3526 times)

maxyme

Topic Starter

Starter

Can't use admin privalages xp sp2
    « on: June 20, 2009, 01:06:10 PM »
    My user account has admin privileges set up, I checked in the user profiles. Though when i'm in itunes i can't set up itunes as the default player for its files because it says i don't have the privileges. Also when i try to install itunes 8.2 it says it can't install ipod helper or initialize it because i don't have admin privileges. I get this problem with many programs such as opera unite ect. I'm running windows xp sp 2. I can install programs but not ones that need to change file type settings or create system programs such as ipod manager by itunes.
    « Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 06:47:02 PM by maxyme »

Mulreay

Re: Can't use admin privalages xp sp2
    « Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 04:19:56 PM »
    I'm not sure if this will help but try..

Right click on a music file the type you want itunes to open with. Choose 'open with' then click on 'choose default programme'. Check itunes and there should be a check box asking if you want all files of this type to be opened with this programme. Check yes. Hopefully all programmes of the same type will now be opened with itunes. This can work with many different programmes. I'm a Vista user so it may not be word for word.

maxyme

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 06:49:31 PM »
      that would help with the music file but it doesn't work with anything like registering system programs or updating to itunes 8.2. i made it more descriptive with and stuff in the topic now.

maxyme

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 06:03:05 PM »
        I'm pretty sure this topic is dead but just read a email saying that it was moved. i forgot i even posted here but the solution: get a laptop with windows 7 :D