Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: credentials to join domain  (Read 8386 times)

BORIS29

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

credentials to join domain
    « on: March 09, 2010, 12:42:03 PM »
    Hello!
    I new to Server. i have one question.
    i have 1 server.now a join 2 pc to domain of this server.
    when ask me for credentials to join domain.I should entered the same name and password when i login to server RIGHT???
    So My Question Is SO NOW MY PC USER USE THE SAME LOGIN AND PASSWORD WITH SERVER.  IT'S POSSIBLE TO CHANGE OR LEAVE LIKE THAT.
    every body can access MY SERVER NOW????
     Thank you.

drivenbywhat

Beginner

Re: credentials to join domain
      « Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 09:34:05 PM »
      Are you teaching yourself how to use windows server? These are really basic questions that are taught in self study books.

When you join a pc to a domain you are asked for credentials. These credentials must be from any "domain administrator". If you are logging in to the pc and the server with the default administrator account with the same password then yes that name can access your server directly or remotely. Just change the password for the account in the server.
      If you think the number of posts you have coincides with your status you are wrong. If you put guru under experience you are a noob. If your post doesn't help the requester and only starts a flame war think before replying. If you are moderator and contribute to these things you should have your privileges revoked.

michaewlewis

Intermediate
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Experience: Expert
      Re: credentials to join domain
      « Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 10:01:53 AM »
      Note: You can't use the local admin account from the server to do domain admin stuff. Make sure you're using an account with domain admin rights.