Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Asus intergrated "Soundmax"audio card wont work on Windows7,w/e I do.Desperate!  (Read 4179 times)

RuuD

Yesterday I upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate (build 7600), after which my integrated Soundcard  didn't work.

"SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio".         
On a  ASUS P5B-E Plus Rev 1.xx  Mobo.  (  3 years old I believe, BIOS: 0636 07/15/2008 (final one)

I  tried all the drivers I could find  , nothing worked. (I'll send a list if asked)
 ( I am aware of the default settings issue ; HDMI or Speakers)

Than I came here on the forum chat. And I was helped and we performed some  (processor)  updates.
Still  nothing.

If I make device manger do a search  for a better driver it tells me this is the best one, and it is working correctly.And indeed this  is the only one that gives me the systray app.
(its the one thats  in the "win 7 "folder , inside the  "AD1988AB_Audio_V6585_XpVistaWin7" folder. 

If I do a sound test there, it performs it without a problem.
Yet there is no sound.

Of the files I got send here last night, I could not get the  "TurboVEVO_V10105_XPVistaWin7" installed.
("cant set strings,"cant set string values" and another similar error I forgot ) 

Another (promising) file link I got send  was the "AD1988AB_Audio_V6585_XpVistaWin7"
I tried a few things there,  but TBH  there are so many seemingly relevant exe files in there,that  there are (too) many possible orders in which to install them.I could use some help there.

Although I am an experienced user,it's not helping me  trying to get this solved to put it mildly...; reading, searching and trying for 14 hours now!!!!!   Yet all to no avail.

I have a dying and very noisy hard disk in my system, that I only want to start up once to try to get important files from. Still I forced myself to boot from the XP pro Installation on it.
Sound worked.......

I am nearing the end of my abilities as well as my patience with  a "minor"thing as getting a working  audio driver. Yet I really like to have windows 7 for several reasons.

Anyone reading this got a clue what is going on here????
Something to try?
Even a wild guess? :P
Anything very welcome here.

THX in advance!