Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: WVC1 codec  (Read 2918 times)

belvin

Topic Starter

Rookie

WVC1 codec
    « on: March 20, 2010, 10:29:07 AM »
    WVC1 codec

Can anybody help me please?

I downloaded several films from a reliable source which were of different resolutions as follows (853 x 480) & (1280 x 720) & (1440 x 1080) & (1920 x 1080).

The first size I can play perfectly, and the second I was able to convert down to (720 x 480) and I can now play those perfectly.

The two biggest sizes, when I try and play them Windows Media Player, up pops a screen telling me that I need “WVC1 codec”, and I can not convert them either in any of the conversion programmes.

And this is where my problem is – I went on the Internet, found a site that said I could download it from, and it opened a back door to let that scam programme “Total PC Defender” in. Took me a couple of hours to break its hold.

Does anybody know where I can download a safe source of this codec, or could even post a link; I would very much appreciate it.

I realize that these are High Definition films, but I do have a very up to date custom built computer, even though I still use WindowsXP SP3, because it is better than Vista

Many thanks in advance