Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Batch Commands  (Read 8632 times)

Salmon Trout

Re: Batch Commands
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2010, 05:39:19 PM »
You changed the word damned to asterisk-censored-asterisk??? Is this 1810? Is my calendar broken? What planet are you from? Planet God Hates Profanity?

greg

Intermediate

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2010, 06:23:04 PM »
    I don't think he realized that he was on his Greg account and not his other account when he was complementing himself.

Quote from: Helpmeh on March 22, 2010, 04:22:49 PM
    "Maybe he will post to deny these accusations."

Greg Explains:
    I sent the bogus information about Greg (me) having several current logins to the CH staff. I used the abuse button  to send the message.

I have never had more than one current login at CH.

The CH staff can verify this with my ip address. 

Only the CH staff has my ip address.

Helpmeh is not CH staff
    Have a Nice Day

Helpmeh

Guru

• Roar.
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    « Reply #17 on: March 26, 2010, 06:47:20 PM »
    You changed the word damned to asterisk-censored-asterisk??? Is this 1810? Is my calendar broken? What planet are you from? Planet God Hates Profanity?

No, I have the word filter enabled. I didn't change what I saw in any way.
    Where's MagicSpeed?
    Quote from: 'matt'
    He's playing a game called IRL. Great graphics, *censored* gameplay.

greg

Intermediate

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2010, 07:03:12 PM »
      No, I have the word filter enabled. I didn't change what I saw in any way.

Helpmeh,

Salmon Trout's "asterisk-censored-asterisk" comment was for the CH staff.
      Have a Nice Day

Helpmeh

Guru

• Roar.
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #19 on: March 26, 2010, 07:24:29 PM »
      Helpmeh,

Salmon Trout's "asterisk-censored-asterisk" comment was for the CH staff.
      No. He was asking why I filtered out a word he wrote, when in fact the system filtered it, but did not un-filter it for him.
      Where's MagicSpeed?
      Quote from: 'matt'
      He's playing a game called IRL. Great graphics, *censored* gameplay.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
      • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • BC-Programming.com
      • Certifications: List
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #20 on: March 26, 2010, 07:32:11 PM »
      What is the point of greg's posts on here? They do absolutely nothing.

I usually just sort of shake my head in a dissapointing way, like a grandson when they finally realize that their grandfathers best friend is a old sock puppet and/or imaginary.

re: the "censored" thing, I find that it does that when you use the quote button, regardless of profile settings.

Either way, the meaningless demonstration of how Greg/Whoever doesn't understand that not everybody in the world has this lpr program nor access to this print server is rather entertaining, especially given the delicious hypocritical twist since he constantly uses "sed" and other tools with absolutely no mention of their source or where to get them, or really, anything other then a post containg his code and the output from a completely different set of code. And of course complaining about how other peoples solutions don't work after he butchers them.

IN any case, All I can suggest is the use of quotes around "%1" in the lpr command.
      I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

greg

Intermediate

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2010, 06:08:39 PM »

IN any case, All I can suggest is the use of quotes around "%1" in the lpr command.

BC is a sad case. All BC can do is repeat the misinformation started by other troublemakers.

Greg has not had more than one current username. "OLD sock puppet" is an insult ( abusive post ).

Before anyone can be a "sock puppet" they need more than one current "username."  BC cannot list any current "usernames" used by Greg other than Greg.  Where are the posts ( BC ) where Greg is using another "username?"

BC pretends he is a computer programmer that uses "C" and many other programming languages.

But BC has never used or heard of Sed.  Sed is a Unix utility that was created by AT&T in 1970. Anyone who has used Linux or Unix has used Sed.

BC can always tells us what is wrong ( and his idea is usually false ) but seldom offers any suggestions for the Original Poster of any question at CH.

The only suggestion by BC had for the Lpr problem was to repeat what Helpmeh had already suggested.

reference:
        http://www.yourdictionary.com/computer/sock-puppet
        « Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 06:58:57 PM by greg »
        Have a Nice Day