Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: USB Ports malfunctioning?  (Read 2255 times)

cosmiccharlie42

USB Ports malfunctioning?
« on: April 02, 2010, 11:43:23 PM »
This is driving me absolutely crazy all 7 of my USB ports have stopped working.  My problem originated when my computer just wouldn't start up one day. The green light on my motherboard was lit up and the only sign of power. Eventually I figured out how to jump start my comp with a paper clip.  Computer started up but went into somesort of preboot sequence which i could not get out of because the USB ports were broken. Dug up an old PS/2 keyboard and mouse saved all of my files to a back up drive and reformatted.  Everything working perfectly, then slowly the usb ports started malfunctioning again? Now nothing, everything I have read indicated it was not my motherboard because all of the usb ports are giving off power(charges Ipod etc.) but computer does not recognize. Uninstalled all the USP drives , nothing. turned computer off removed battery waited hour tried again nothing. I have a dell dimension 9100. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.