Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I cannot choose the language of the applications in Windows 7  (Read 2817 times)

ciccio

Hi. I'm getting crazy with my new ThinkPad X301. I have just installed Windows 7. I chose English US for both the keyboard and OS language. I have selected Italy as location (I am Italian but I'm living in the Netherlands and did not want IE suggesting me all Dutch sites first).
Now whenever I install applications (like SPSS), the system choose Italian as application language  >:( I followed the procedure described in "Change your display language". In "Region and Language" I changed the location to UK. In "Keyboard and Languages" I removed the Italian Keyboard which for some reasons was shown below the US one  ??? However as soon as I click on the SPSS Setup, Windows takes for granted that I want to use Italian as installation language! Actually I have to have English applications.
Does somebody know whether it is possible to inform Windows 7 that would be polite provide the customers with the possibility to choose the language by themselves? How to do it (without installing the OS again)?
Thanks a lot.