Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: adjust date/time  (Read 5193 times)

denisaf

Topic Starter

Hopeful

adjust date/time
    « on: April 03, 2010, 10:56:51 PM »
    I have a windows 98SE system. A week ago, the system automatically moved the hour back for the end of daylight saving. This was wrong because the day for ending daylight saving had been moved forward a week and this had not been incorporated into the system. I manually adjusted the hour forward. Daylight saving ended today so I tried to manually put the hour back. I was able to bring up the Adjust Date/Time window and set back the hour but it did not work. An hour glass came up and stayed there. I have tried to do it a number of times, mostly after rebooting. I tried clicking on the automatic adjustment box to remove the tick there. Now the Adjust Date/time window will not come up. It seems this system is now corrupted. What can I do?

denisaf

Topic Starter

Hopeful

Re: adjust date/time
      « Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 06:28:12 AM »
      I cannot understand it, but I used the usual routine and this time it worked after about twenty failures. The time is now right so I do not have to worry about fixing the time for another six months. Thanks to those who offered suggestions.

Computer_Commando

Hacker
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 11:04:51 AM »

denisaf

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 05:03:03 AM »
        Thank you, computer_commando. The Adjust/Date Time now works for some reason. I installed TZset. That did not seem to solve the problem but some time later it worked for some reason that I do not understand. If the problem should arise in six months time when another adjustment is needed, I will take your advice. I was not notified of your post for some reason. I was just checking when I found it.