Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: offline  (Read 2933 times)

ivanoe

Topic Starter

Hopeful
    « on: April 14, 2010, 02:58:28 AM »
    i click on google and start to surf ,after a while a box comes up and say's, DIAL UP CONNECTION.select the server you want to connect to ,i click connect .another box come's up dialing sky (my isp).nothing happens i have to click the red cross top right to get rid of it.then same with the first box. then other times a box comes up say's the webpage you have requested is not available offline.when i go to file on browser (top left) the  offline box is ticked .can anyone help.

EEVIAC

Re: offline
    « Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 08:02:40 PM »
    Can't you un tick it ?   Last I remember all you have to do is uncheck it, by left-clicking on it..

If that gets you no joy, post in the anti-virus forum here, and reinstall your dail up software...

ivanoe

Topic Starter

Hopeful
      « Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 01:05:48 AM »
      thanks  eeviac tried unticking it but next time i go on it is ticked again. hope i did'nt mialead you i am on Broadband,
      but the messages are as i said.thought if i went on to sky then from there to google it may change  but it still came up.

EEVIAC

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 05:57:04 AM »
      thanks  eeviac tried unticking it but next time i go on it is ticked again. hope i did'nt mialead you i am on Broadband,

thanks, that helps..   ;)

What browser and operating system are U using ?

ivanoe

Topic Starter

Hopeful
        « Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 03:48:36 AM »
        sorry about that windows 7  internet explorer