Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Connecting to Insecure Wireless Networks  (Read 2157 times)

quickques

Topic Starter

Starter
    Connecting to Insecure Wireless Networks
    « on: April 12, 2010, 01:50:20 PM »
    I didn't choose the best subject title.  My question was about insecure wireless networks; not insecure websites. If you're connecting to an insecure wireless network, is there anyway to determine rather or not the administrator of that network is watching what you do on the computer? My question is actually pertaining to insecure wireless networks; not insecure websites.   O:)

Also, can you prevent the administrator from watching you?

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Connecting to Insecure Wireless Networks
    « Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 03:56:54 PM »
    You should assume you are being watched...Period.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Kurtiskain

Mentor

• Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Connecting to Insecure Wireless Networks
    « Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 04:19:53 PM »
    I didn't choose the best subject title.  My question was about insecure wireless networks; not insecure websites. If you're connecting to an insecure wireless network, is there anyway to determine rather or not the administrator of that network is watching what you do on the computer? My question is actually pertaining to insecure wireless networks; not insecure websites.   O:)

Also, can you prevent the administrator from watching you?

I agree with Patio, also you should note that connecting to an unsecured network also means (especially with Vista and Windows 7) they could easily detect your machine and do some nasty things given the chance.