Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: PCMCIA sound cards  (Read 9840 times)

EEVIAC

Re: PCMCIA sound cards
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2010, 09:11:56 PM »
http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?os=W98&catid=-1&dateid=-1&impid=-1&osl=EN&typeid=-1&formatid=-1&servicetag=&SystemID=INS_PNT_PNT_3000&hidos=WNT4&hidlang=en&TabIndex=&scanSupported=False&scanConsent=False

I'm curious now to see what happens if you use the Win 98 Crystal sound driver.  Use the link and download the driver from dell..  Try that before you order the card..

69Z28

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2010, 09:30:01 PM »
    http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?os=W98&catid=-1&dateid=-1&impid=-1&osl=EN&typeid=-1&formatid=-1&servicetag=&SystemID=INS_PNT_PNT_3000&hidos=WNT4&hidlang=en&TabIndex=&scanSupported=False&scanConsent=False

I'm curious now to see what happens if you use the Win 98 Crystal sound driver.  Use the link and download the driver from dell..  Try that before you order the card..

Just tried it. Could not find a better match than what is already installed.
    "Get away son you bother me"...W.C. Fields

EEVIAC

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2010, 09:37:49 PM »
    What does it say in Device Manager ?

Click START, right click "my computer", click properties, hardware tab, Device Manager..

Are there any errors showing ?    Yellow, red marks ?

69Z28

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2010, 09:41:28 PM »
      What does it say in Device Manager ?

Click START, right click "my computer", click properties, hardware tab, Device Manager..

Are there any errors showing ?    Yellow, red marks ?

Yes. Yellow triangle with the exclaimation point by Crystal WDM Audio Codec

EEVIAC

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2010, 09:52:01 PM »
      That's what I figured...  This is most likely because there is no chipset driver for your operating system, on that model.

Your pcmcia bus seems to be working, although I'm not sure why.. Live and learn..  I'm going to investigate this matter further..  Try the card you suggested and see what happens..

69Z28

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2010, 10:06:08 PM »
        Card is on the way. Probably won't get it until next week. I finally figured out the DriverGuide.com deal. I am a member for a year now. A scan of the laptop was done and there was my sound card on the list with 2 other items that they say they have drivers for. I'm downloading the drivers right now. Hope this works. If not I have the card to try and after that...well I guess I won't hear anything more out of the 3000.

EEVIAC

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2010, 10:14:57 PM »
        What drivers are you downloading ?  I mean, what is the description that the website gives to them?

69Z28

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2010, 10:25:17 PM »
          Crystal WDM Audio Codec, download name Audio_Realtek_6.13.10.4143_XPx86.zip Acer,Cirrus Logic, Inc. 1.7MB

Crystal WDM Audio Control Registers (Microsoft), download name WDM_A406.rar

Intel 82371AB/EB PCI to ISA bridge (EIO mode), download name VGA_6505.zip, Chipset_Intel_8.0.0.1009_XPx86.zip and chipsetsmbus.exe (3 to choose from)

PCI bus. download name 8-6_Vista32_dd_ccc_ wdm_enu_64789.zip

Question is what do I do with the last 2. I figure I can go into device manager and install the crystal drivers that way, but not a clue where the other 2 go. Any help?
          « Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 11:01:57 PM by 69Z28 »

EEVIAC

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2010, 10:33:14 PM »
          Are they .exe files ?    If so, just double click on the .exe files to run them.  If not, just use device manager..

69Z28

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2010, 11:05:03 PM »
            EEVIAC...I appreciate the time you are taking to help me. I just need to figure out what to do next. I think I'll unzip and do the Crystal one first.

EEVIAC

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2010, 11:16:21 PM »
            I think that's the same one you just tried to install, from Dell..  I'd try to install the other two..

Unzip them, and if they are .exe files just double click on them to run them... Use device manager if they are not .exe files

EEVIAC

« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2010, 11:23:23 PM »
            http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=4241&ProdId=130&lang=eng

If they don't work or you can't get them installed..  Use the driver in the link I posted.  It's the driver for your Intel 430TX PCI set chipset..  Apparently supported by XP..  I didn't think to check the Intel Website, until just now..

69Z28

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2010, 12:35:16 AM »
              http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=4241&ProdId=130&lang=eng

If they don't work or you can't get them installed..  Use the driver in the link I posted.  It's the driver for your Intel 430TX PCI set chipset..  Apparently supported by XP..  I didn't think to check the Intel Website, until just now..

The current operating system supports the Intel chipset devices on your system. No INF update is needed. ??????

EEVIAC

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2010, 12:42:43 AM »
              What happened when you installed the other two drivers, that you paid for..

Go into device manager and right click on the audio driver with the error..

Select properties.. Under device status, what is the error code ?

69Z28

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2010, 12:49:34 AM »
                Yellow circle with exclaimation point...In Device manager the device status says **This device is disabled because the firmware of the device did not give it the required resoures. (code 29)  

I'm assuming that this means not compatible with the OS (XP) and there are no drivers?

On the 2 I paid for? I just did another scan and the Crystal WDM Audio Codec is now up to date but still have the yellow circle next to it in device manager?