Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: "ProxyDHCP service did not reply" Error  (Read 16614 times)

pcwizard

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• A computer is for life, not just gaming!!
    "ProxyDHCP service did not reply" Error
    « on: April 13, 2010, 09:56:41 AM »
    Hi,

I am deploying Win 7 Pro, using WDS, onto Samsung and Toshiba laptops.

The server is Intel i7 CPU, Gigabyte motherboard with dual Gigabit LAN cards and 12GB RAM - a very capable system to say the least! I have also connected 2 Netgear ProSafe 16 Port Gigabit Switches so that I can deploy images up to 30 machines at once (Cat 6e cable in use too).

I can connect and deploy these images successfully using both LAN cards, and through both Netgear switches.

The problem I am experiencing is that if I connect more than three machines at once, they remainder get the dreaded:

"PXE-E55 ProxyDHCP service did not reply to request on port 4011"

I have researched this and it suggests that I should remove the reference to 060 PXE Client within the server settings.

However, when reading the recommendations for the server settings, under DHCP, it clearly states that this option should be ticked as the DHCP server is also acting as a PXE server. Suffice it to say I deleted the reference anyweay to see what happens, and after a reboot the PXEClient property is automatically added back by the OS anyway.

I've tested both LAN cards with the Belkin network test facility and they are both fine.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?
    A computer is for life....not just gaming!!

pcwizard

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• A computer is for life, not just gaming!!
      Re: "ProxyDHCP service did not reply" Error
      « Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 02:04:35 AM »
      Resolved!

Ignore M$ advice and DO NOT select the tick box option:

WDS> Server Properties> DHCP > Configure DHCP option 60 to indicate that this server is also a PXE server,

But instead Add 060 to the scope of the DHCP Server > Scope > Scope Options.

Sorted :)
      A computer is for life....not just gaming!!