Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer has forgotten or changed my administrator password in XPpro  (Read 4663 times)

bgk

Topic Starter

Starter

Hi there,
    I can't get past the Administrator pass word.

When I type my password, just asks if I forgot my Password,
     but it's the same password I've always had,
    and the problem is not a caps lock one. My password no longer works and I can't get in.

Can someone help? I am running XP pro

The computer is beside me, it is my workstation for editing images and videos, and I keep it off line. This computer, I'm on I use for net use which is why I'm able to ask for help..

JJ 3000

Egghead
    • Experience: Familiar
    Save a Life!
    Adopt a homeless pet.
    http://www.petfinder.com/

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Computer has forgotten or changed my administrator password in XPpro
    « Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 12:03:51 AM »
    Reboot the PC. Hit the F8 and start in safe mode. Go into the administrator account. It has the original password you used when you first installed your system.

bgk

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 12:22:47 AM »
      I've been in safe mode but how do I get into the administrator acount.
      I highlight safe mode press enter, and it takes me to the next window and asks me to highlight the operating system I do so press enter and it wives me a page of system drivers, then goes back to the blue window nad asks for the password. Same problem.

bgk

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2010, 12:43:26 AM »
        I'm sorry if I'm basic here but my computer knowledge is primitive.
        Might need to be spelt out a bit, hope you don't mind.

bgk

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2010, 07:52:13 AM »
          Great I worked out the problem.
          A couple of years ago I reinstalled the OS on another hard drive because I was having problems ' NTLDR missing'.
          So I came to suspect it had over ridden my OS with the password from two years ago.
          So I tried each hard drive in the computer one by one unplugging all the others.
          The original hard drive worked and let me in, but only when it was plugged in by itself.
          Fortunately I have a tera bite external drive I have all my files on and the programs on the C drive, so I'm back in buisness minus three drives. It could be old age as their all about eight years old.
          I should be able to recover one hard drive, by reinstalling XPpro on it if I remove my original C drive.
          Anyway I couldn't get past the admin password problem, but it happened because of hard drive failure throwing the wrong OS back in first.
          Like I said, I'm not really computer savy so my terminology and exlanation may be not quite right, but thanks for the help.
          I hope this makes sense.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
          • Geek After Dark
            • Gekk9pm bnlog
          « Reply #6 on: April 18, 2010, 03:36:23 PM »
          Thanks for the reply.
          Here is something you may like:
          Free Download EASEUS ALL-IN-ONE Partition Manager Software.
          It is FREE and very good.
          Also, read this link:
          Lost or forgotten Windows password.

In the future you may wish to crate an extra user account with a long password that would not forget.
          - And -
          The Administrator password should be different from you other passwords

But that is up to you. I tell all my family members what the password is. In case this tired old man forgets. But I trust my family. Hope you do to.

patio

• Genius
          • Maud' Dib
            • Yes
          • Experience: Beginner
          « Reply #7 on: April 18, 2010, 04:07:05 PM »
          BTW...Windows will never change the Admin password...even inadvertantly.
          " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Allan

• Mastermind
          • Experience: Guru
          « Reply #8 on: April 18, 2010, 04:30:51 PM »
          I love these: "Windows forgot (or changed) my password" threads. Yeah, WINDOWS forgot it.  ;D

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
          • Geek After Dark
            • Gekk9pm bnlog
          « Reply #9 on: April 18, 2010, 08:26:18 PM »
          Moral of the story
          Teacher: Johnny, Where is your homework?
          Johnny: Well, you see, my Windows® PC  ate it.
          Teacher:Don't say that, computers don't eat homework.
          Johnny:Well, I was on the CH forum...
          and they said that Windows XP  will  ________ ______.
             :o
          (You fill in the blanks.)

javin.steven

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2010, 01:26:32 AM »
          Hi there,
          I can't get past the Administrator pass word.

When I type my password, just asks if I forgot my Password,
           but it's the same password I've always had,
          and the problem is not a caps lock one. My password no longer works and I can't get in.

Can someone help? I am running XP pro

The computer is beside me, it is my workstation for editing images and videos, and I keep it off line. This computer, I'm on I use for net use which is why I'm able to ask for help..

;)HI!, I had met the headache things that I had forgotten Windows login password. The login screen rejected my passwords. I was frustrated because there was very important data on my disk and I couldn't reinstall the OS. ............. However, I fortunately got to know the Windows Password Recovery Tools below . :o
          1. Windows Password Recovery Tool 3.0( http://www.windowspasswordsrecovery.com )
          2. Windows Password Key 8.0( http://www.*SPAM URL* )
          3. Windows Password Recovery 6.0( http://www.recoverlostpassword.com/products/windowspasswordrecoery.html )
          4. Any Windows Password Reset 7 ( http://www.windowspasswordreset.net )
          5. Windows 7 Password ( http://www.windows7password.net )
          6. windows password cracker ( http://www.windowspasswordcracker.com )
           8)
          I compare these tools and try the first one, it help me to recover my forgotten windows xp password in only five minutes.  :'(