Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: blue screen (help me please)  (Read 2349 times)

poohbear12761

blue screen (help me please)
« on: April 19, 2010, 08:09:05 PM »
Hello, I am trying to fix a computer that was given to me by a friend. She told me that the motherboard was replaced, i don't think so.  i get a blue screen with the error of "unmountable_boot_volume"  and at the end it has Technical information: ***STOP: 0X000000ED  (0x812e2cd8, 0xc0000006, 0x00000000).  i cant even get into the safe mode, what can i do? Do you think i need to replace the hard drive OR can it be fixed?

mr-bisquit

Re: blue screen (help me please)
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 09:35:15 PM »
Do you know how to use a live cd?
If so, then you can run the ntfs tools from knoppix 5.1 and possibly fix the OS on the drive.

EEVIAC

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 11:07:39 PM »
Its possible it was caused by something other than a corrupt file system..

I would start by re-seating the power cable to the drive and the data cable connection to the drive and motherboard.  If no joy there, try plugging the data cable on the drive into a different connector on the motherboard (make sure afterward, you set the boot order in cmos correctly)

harry 48

Egghead

• lay back , relax and chill out
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Dribbling Pensioner
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Familiar
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 01:47:10 PM »
if you are getting a blue screen go here and do everything and post in the virus section you will be told that in the below board

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,46313.0.html