Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: wifi router died on me?  (Read 2974 times)

team-rng

Topic Starter

Beginner
    • Experience: Experienced
    wifi router died on me?
    « on: April 26, 2010, 09:33:27 PM »
    ok i need help pls! i moved and so internet is connected and evertyhing and if i connect it right from the modem to pc it works fine but when i try to connect thru the wifi router i get a yellow triangle [im in win 7 ] and no internet connection but i its connected to network..?any ideas..i already tried to reset and all that..

Sid

Apprentice
      Re: wifi router died on me?
      « Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 10:13:03 AM »
      ok i need help pls! i moved and so internet is connected and evertyhing and if i connect it right from the modem to pc it works fine but when i try to connect thru the wifi router i get a yellow triangle [im in win 7 ] and no internet connection but i its connected to network..?any ideas..i already tried to reset and all that..

By modem to PC do you mean with an ethernet cable?

Are the modem and wifi router the same thing?

@@

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 12:58:50 PM »
      so You are connected to the router, but the yellow triangle means that there is no Internet access
      1- Turn off the router and re-Turn on after 10 seconds
      2-I saw a similar problem and was the advice is

click the Start button
           click "Control Panel"
           click "Network and Internet"
           click "Network and Sharing Center"
           click the link "Local Area Connection"
           click the button "Properties"
           untick the box in front of "Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)"
           click the OK button
           close the Local Area Connection popup
           observe the value of Access type. This should now be Local and Internet.
      « Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 01:23:48 PM by @@ »

team-rng

Topic Starter

Beginner
        « Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 05:29:22 PM »
        by modem i mean cable modem and no the wifi router is separate linksys router

team-rng

Topic Starter

Beginner
          « Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 11:00:08 PM »
          @@ i did tht didnt help

team-rng

Topic Starter

Beginner
            « Reply #5 on: May 01, 2010, 10:59:24 AM »
            also there was a comcast[my isp] guy here few days ago and i wasnt home unfortunately but from what my described he probly did something in the command prompt..my only guess would be flush dns? i already tried that tho and didnt help

team-rng

Topic Starter

Beginner
              Re: HELP FOR GODS SAKE please
              « Reply #6 on: May 02, 2010, 12:39:47 AM »
              OK UPDATE I KNOW WHAT THE RPOBLEM IS
              something wont let 2 pcs on the internet at once
              idk what it is maybe my comcast rmodem[router] or some settings..anyway is there some setting to disable 2 pcs to connect to the interrnet at once from same network? because on every second pc that i connect i get yellow triangle and no internet acces but network is connected fine...soo any ideas?please..very desperate

Sid

Apprentice
                Re: HELP FOR GODS SAKE please
                « Reply #7 on: May 02, 2010, 05:25:22 PM »
                OK UPDATE I KNOW WHAT THE RPOBLEM IS
                something wont let 2 pcs on the internet at once
                idk what it is maybe my comcast rmodem[router] or some settings..anyway is there some setting to disable 2 pcs to connect to the interrnet at once from same network? because on every second pc that i connect i get yellow triangle and no internet acces but network is connected fine...soo any ideas?please..very desperate

And you don't have problems on the laptop?

I know you don't want to have to have fixed IP's but it would be worth trying to set the IP manually on one of the machines you're having problems with.

Sorry wrong thread.

So let me get this right, you've got a Cable Modem which is then connected to a Router, which is then connected to a Computer via ethernet.  Also, that router has wifi enabled?

Or does the cable modem connect directly to a computer, which then connects to the wifi router?
                « Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 05:46:46 PM by Sid »

team-rng

Topic Starter

Beginner
                  « Reply #8 on: May 03, 2010, 09:42:34 PM »
                  i diconnected the wifi router from my network copletely so now i only connect from my isp modem directly to my pc and it seems to work..
                  but..
                  when i bought an ethernet hub and connected 2 pcs to the hub only one of them had internet access and i had to disconnect the other one completely from the hub[even the cable]

so only one has internet access and same thing happened when i connected 2 pcs [1 thru cable and one thru wireless] none of em had internet access but when i connect only one pc it does have internet....
                  also-after i got the internet working with direc tly through the modem i tried updating world of warcraft thru the offical downloader and after a minute or so it says tracker is not responding and it dicsonnects my internet !and i get the yellow triangle again!?

weird enough?
                   any ideas?
                     ty anything helps...

Sid

Apprentice
                    « Reply #9 on: May 04, 2010, 08:52:01 AM »
                    when i bought an ethernet hub and connected 2 pcs to the hub only one of them had internet access and i had to disconnect the other one completely from the hub[even the cable]

any ideas?

Ok, is it actually a hub, or is it a swtich?  There is a difference.  If you bought it new, it's probably a switch.

Anyway, for sake of explianation let's assume it's a hub like you said, does this hub have any configurable settings?

Also, how is it wired up? As in Cable (from wall or w/e) -> Modem -> Hub -> PC's  (<- Note, this probably won't work)

What kind of cable comes out of the Modem (ethernet, usb?)

We will get to the bottom of this.

In the mean time, could you let me know the make and models of the modem, router and hub please?