Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Screen of Death  (Read 13261 times)

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Screen of Death
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2010, 02:02:01 PM »
It looks like Kaspersky is giving you fits. You had very same error before.
Try to reinstall?

@@

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2010, 02:17:02 PM »
i make that befor the blue screen appear
and send to kaspersky this problem

Broni

Mastermind
    • Computer Help Forum
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2010, 02:49:46 PM »
Maybe, you should try different AV program then...

@@

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2010, 02:57:17 PM »
It's actually a strong possibility. Note that the anti-virus is new 59 $   :'( :||x
Company Kasparsky requested report complete system crash memory dump. I will tell you what will happen
thank u very much

Broni

Mastermind
    • Computer Help Forum
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2010, 02:59:23 PM »
Sounds like a plan :)

@@

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2010, 03:01:04 PM »
Sounds like a plan
:'(

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2010, 03:11:01 PM »
There are plenty of Free alternatives...no need for tears...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Azzaboi

Apprentice
  • Aaron's Game Zone
    • Aaron's Game Zone
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2010, 05:21:02 PM »
In my eyes it's a waste of time replacing your AV.
You could try a repair re-install, or replace but I don't think its the issue.

It's not the only area your crash messages pointed at, and the reason it would be crashing on the AV is that it's scanning something causing the crash or using an memory address area. Replacing it would probably have the same results.

If it's not a memory issue, hardware, or an overheating issue, clean out your OS would be a good step and ensure it's not corruption or device drivers.

The common pattern is 'DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL', Address that referenced memory. The AV will also be scanning over it sometimes causing it to crash out, doesn't matter what scanner.

Faulty drivers or system services?

btw: Kasparsky is a great piece of software. Just make sure you have the Windows 7 compatible version installed!
Aaron's Game Zone
The best free online flash games: http://azzaboi.weebly.com

Play Games - Play free games at Play Games Arcade

Broni

Mastermind
    • Computer Help Forum
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2010, 05:25:53 PM »
The common pattern is 'DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL', Address that referenced memory
Definitely false.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error may indicate bad RAM, but there was only one error of that. Two others clearly indicated Kaspersky's driver.

Azzaboi

Apprentice
  • Aaron's Game Zone
    • Aaron's Game Zone
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2010, 06:54:42 PM »
Well I ain't gonna complain with people not agreeing, but saying it's definitely false is a bit BS.

There's two or more reports, if not all of them saying 'IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL' which normally addresses the memory. Yes it could be the drivers or service of Kaspersky, but the scanner uses memory and scans through it in the background continuously so it would normal be the first to crash. That's all I was saying, if it's not incompatible or corrupted replacing it won't fix anything - a repair or update (no need to replace). Older version of Kaspersky that don't support Windows 7 just need to be updated.

Didn't she say it's the say issues from XP onto Win7? The only thing that's the same is hardware then, maybe overheating, or she is using the older version of Kaspersky?

Solution update Kaspersky if it's old, you don't need to go hunting for a crappy free AV.
Aaron's Game Zone

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2010, 07:11:25 PM »
So all Free A/v apps are crappy ? ?

Source ?
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Broni

Mastermind
    • Computer Help Forum
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2010, 07:55:44 PM »
I know at least few free AV programs, which are better, than some you have to pay for...

@@

« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2010, 11:01:35 AM »
Thank you for all and based on the discussion I'll try reverse engineering:
1 - I will remove Kasparsky. And I try Windows without any anti-virus
2 - I'll formate my PC . (I have a backup copy ) and use pure Windows without any software
'll Tell you the results |V|

Azzaboi

Apprentice
  • Aaron's Game Zone
    • Aaron's Game Zone
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2010, 11:51:33 AM »
Your kinda twisting my words (I didn't mean all free AV are crappy, but compared to already paying for Kaspersky or some of the other quality ones - yeah it is)...

If you want a source, how about softapedia?
http://news.softpedia.com/news/AntiVirus-Free-Vs-Paid-Detection-139005.shtml

While free AV can be good and can even out-performance some paid AVs, some decend paid versions are a lot better and stronger for overall protection. Kaspersky Internet Security is designed as an overall protect, not just a anti-virus scanner and/or firewall. It also checks ad-ware, malicous software, registery, application controls, riskware, anti-spam, anti-popup, anti-scripting, instant messager protection, anti-banners, anti-phishing, suspicious sites, network attacks, security analysis, informs you of security risk software requiring updates, even parental control, etc. Compared to already paying for all that vs a freebee, I think it leaves any free AV in the dust.

If you didn't want to paid AVG and Zonealarm, while I personally find them annoying, could still offer some good protection. Maybe they could be better options over memory hog Mcafee or the basic version of Norton, etc.

If you do go for a free version, ensure it's just real! For example: Anti-virus Pro 2009 is a trojan downloader hiding as a anti-virus. Lots of the freebee anti-trojan software are in fact trojans themselve, it's the easy target people searching for protection must be without a defence, upload a trojan for them instead. Just be careful and ensure you get it from a trusted source like download.com.

Anyways, what version of Kaspersky are you using? Are you using 32 or 64 bit OS?
Kaspersky released newer versions of their software as soon as Windows 7 beta was launched, previous version will have issues on Win7, but you should have the latest from their website which will support it.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 12:02:08 PM by Azzaboi »
Aaron's Game Zone

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2010, 12:16:58 PM »
Your kinda twisting my words (I didn't mean all free AV are crappy, but compared to already paying for Kaspersky or some of the other quality ones - yeah it is)...
Nobody is twisting anything. you said, "you don't have to go looking for a crappy free A/V" no twisting required to interpret it the way they did. your stance is rather clear.

If you want a source, how about softapedia?
http://news.softpedia.com/news/AntiVirus-Free-Vs-Paid-Detection-139005.shtml
If you think they are unbiassed, you are truly naive. Also, it's probably better to actually research the issue for sources rather then throw "why paid AVs are better then free AVs" into google.

While free AV can be good and can even out-performance some paid AVs, some decend paid versions are a lot better and stronger for overall protection.
except they are not free.Oh, and of course nowadays AV companies have taken a page from Gillette and make people pay for "subscriptions" to their database updates. That's totally not throwing money in a hole or anything.

Kaspersky Internet Security is designed as an overall protect, not just a anti-virus scanner and/or firewall. It also checks ad-ware, malicous software, registery, application controls, riskware, anti-spam, anti-popup, anti-scripting, instant messager protection, anti-banners, anti-phishing, suspicious sites, network attacks, security analysis, informs you of security risk software requiring updates, even parental control, etc. Compared to already paying for all that vs a freebee, I think it leaves any free AV in the dust.
yeah, gotta love all those checkmarks on the kaspersky site! Just because you're using it doesn't mean you have to defend it to the death. By the way, the only feature there that is part of an AV would be the anti-virus scanner. those other features are part of other modules of kaspersky, not features of the AV product. the paid versions of those AVs that are released in free versions include most of those as well.

If you didn't want to paid AVG and Zonealarm, while I personally find them annoying, could still offer some good protection.
Zonealarm is a firewall, not a AV. and then you "recommend" AVG, which has stopped being recommended by most people as a freeware Anti-virus for quite some time.

If you do go for a free version, ensure it's just real! For example: Anti-virus Pro 2009 is a trojan downloader hiding as a anti-virus.

because, you know, Broni and Patio are CONSTANTLY telling people to download rogue software.  ::)

Just be careful and ensure you get it from a trusted source like download.com.

Download.com is great because no matter which AV program you download from them they rate it #1 in internet security. I was just there paging through and it rated Norton 2010, Kaspersky, and a number of other programs, including "stopzilla" as the "#1 remover of Antivirus XP 2009" which I found strange since it's hard to have 4 #1 spots, and also, stopzilla is a pop-up blocker of questionable reputation itself. It's almost as if they are possibly being paid by the companies that these ads pertain to.

I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.