Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Screen of Death  (Read 13037 times)

@@

Re: Screen of Death
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2010, 12:34:19 PM »
My kaspersky is KIS 2010 ver 9.0.0.736  for windows ( 7 + vista + xp)
32 bit as my windows

Azzaboi

Apprentice
  • Aaron's Game Zone
    • Aaron's Game Zone
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2010, 07:39:22 PM »
BC_Programmer - Ignored as he doesn't bother to read or help out... ps for a so-called "biased" review they actually have some good points about free AVs, the only thing they said and I meant to say rather than the word crappy is it's not overall protection. Of course I know ZoneAlarm is a firewall, the firewall is also highly needed - happens to be just as important than an anti-virus scanner! I've tested them a huge range of security software personally.

@@ - That version is the latest of Kaspersky and works fine on Windows 7, so long your not using the beta version. It's one of my favourites, it has self-protection and a repair feature. If the database does get corrupted or damaged  it will just roll back - you can also do this manually under the Update Center. You can also go through Programs > Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 > Modify, Repair or Remove, if you believe the software itself or registry to be corrupted - select the repair option. However, it detects changes in itself and should of notified you.

I still believe it's not the software but because it's scanning away at your memory and triggering an area off.

A clean format of the OS should resolve any system issues if software/services conflicts or corruption. If you use other scanning software ensure it's set to manual scan and only one is automatic. You should make sure device drivers are compatable and up-to-date.
Aaron's Game Zone
The best free online flash games: http://azzaboi.weebly.com

Play Games - Play free games at Play Games Arcade

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2010, 08:28:12 PM »
BC_Programmer - Ignored as he doesn't bother to read or help out.

You have a strange definition of ignored if it includes responding to what you claim to have ignored.

Of course I know ZoneAlarm is a firewall, the firewall is also highly needed

perhaps. my point was you cannot compare a AV product with a Firewall- it's like comparing a spreadsheet application and a word processor. They are for different purposes.

happens to be just as important than an anti-virus scanner!
Not if you already have a hardware firewall.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

@@

« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2010, 07:43:42 AM »
Azzaboi :)
You are suggesting that the problem is Hardware (Ram)
But I did have examined onset
In Windows 7. Program exists. When start-up > press the button F8 shows the  computer  Repair option within Windows Memory Diagnostic  or press del  during start-up
i make  Memory Diagnostic  : no problem

Is this enough
- I am a student first year Electronic Engineering. And of the first things we learn. When the device is designed to develop indicators showing the location of faults. Is there any software can locate the fault in the computer (I am not competent)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 08:14:56 AM by @@ »

Azzaboi

Apprentice
  • Aaron's Game Zone
    • Aaron's Game Zone
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2010, 12:07:33 PM »
I'm mearly suggesting that it might not be the anti-virus scanner, if not it would seem the problem has been fixed but just happen less offen more randomly as either it's scanning memory causing the issue or conflicting (disk intensive applications such as antivirus software will trigger it). Disabling this makes it harder to solve as they may be triggered in association with some other event.

I know Kaspersky Internet Security ver 9.0.0.736 is fully compatible with the offical version of Windows 7, as it was designed and released for it. Rather than replacing it completely, I believe using the repair option would be a better option.

Which leads me to believe it's hardware like the memory or motherboard, a conflict or incompatible drivers.

This Stop message is typically caused by incompatible or faulty hardware or software. IRQL stands for Interrupt Request Level. An IRQL "defines the hardware priority at which a processor operates at any given time".

It would be best to first check - a faulty device driver, system service, or firmware? In the worst case, failing or defective hardware. It doesn't have to be the memory, could be the hard drive, dying motherboards, or failing power supplies, etc.

If it started after updates, the problem could be caused by an system service, incompatible driver, virus scanner, or backup. I however don't think it's this at all, because you said you had the same problem with Windows XP?

Quite often, stop errors are associated with dud RAM. That includes main memory, video and CPU cache memory. I suggest you do a full test of all if you haven't already.

Since you have already ruled out the main memory as okay.

The error's parameter (hexadecimal) refers to a specific issue:
• Parameter 1 - An address that was referenced incorrectly.
• Parameter 2 - An IRQL that was required to access the memory.
• Parameter 3 - The type of access, where 0 is a read operation and 1 is a write operation.
• Parameter 4 - The address of the instruction that referenced memory in parameter 1.

0x000000D1 DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
The system attempted to access pageable memory using a kernel process IRQL that was too high. Drivers that have used improper addresses typically cause this error.

0x0000000A IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0xA
Drivers are using improper memory addresses. Check for buggy device drivers.

If it was me...

Memory would be the first bet, you want to fully rule it out as it causes random problems -
1. Perform overall RAM Error Checking, maybe start with the boot tool: http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

Corrupt disks and viruses can cause all kinds of stop errors -
2. Perform Malware checking. This is more a safety check to do first. It also shows up corrupt or areas which need addressing, such as scanning file blah makes it suddenly crash.
3. Ensure your anti-virus scanner is working correctly, do a repair if needed. Don't remove it.
4. Malware like the Conflictor virus attempt to disable the anti-virus and creates crashes, Kaspersky has self-protection, but Windows Defender, security websites, etc will be blocked. It stays in a breeding till the 1st April, if you started having problems around that time it might be something to be aware of. It won't let you install any protection and will attempt to disable what you have.
5. Perform disk error checking. Your Windows page file might be corrupting.

Hiberation is a issue with everything Microsoft, this happens when you have a smart motherboard BIOS which also has power saving features and they both attempt to hiberate devices together:
6. Disable both power management on Windows and in your BIOS to check.

Conflicts between other devices/services -
7. Does it happen when you plug in a device, Kaspersky will come along and scan, it triggers the USB port.
8. Check for conflicting services, like two scanners running in background at the same time.

Buggy device drivers -
9. Incompatible device drivers need replacing.
10. Ensure drivers and your BIOS are the latest versions. The BIOS is important as it supports later hardware.

Overheating damage
11. If you are over-clocking your motherboard or graphic card, disable it for now.

Graphic cards
12. Try updating or downgrading your graphic card drivers or just using a standard Microsoft VGA driver for testing. You can also get bench/stable testing tools for the graphic card.

Hardware
13. Check Motherboard and hard drives for faults.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 01:06:26 PM by Azzaboi »
Aaron's Game Zone

Azzaboi

Apprentice
  • Aaron's Game Zone
    • Aaron's Game Zone
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2010, 01:10:14 PM »
One more thing, to clear up...

Your reports are saying:
Kaspersky Anti-Virus is just reading the address. (Parameter 3       : 0x00000000)
Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL is writing the address. (Parameter 3       : 0x00000001)

Aaron's Game Zone

@@

« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2010, 09:33:41 AM »
I returned temporarily to thank Azzaboi &   Broni
 Blue screen does not appear after the work of repair of the anti-virus and there was a problem to activate of copy. As I told the company (Kasparsky) and agreed
thank u