Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Printshop 23 Deluxe vs Windows 7  (Read 11614 times)

02bin3

Printshop 23 Deluxe vs Windows 7
« on: May 14, 2010, 11:30:22 AM »
I had Printshop 22 Deluxe on my XP computer and it worked just fine.  I now have Windows 7, 64 bit and would like to update to a newer Printshop as Version 22 will not work with Windows 7.  However, before jumping right in and buying a newer version, I checked out various reviews of Printshop Pro 2.0 and Printshop 23 Deluxe.  It seems that NO one had a positive review of the newest version, PS Pro 2.0, and there were mixed reviews on how well PS 23 Deluxe worked with Windows 7.  It worked just great for some for and not too well for others.  Is there another program on the market, short of hocking the farm to buy Corel's Paintshop, that will do what Printshop does for around the same price?  Thanks

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Printshop 23 Deluxe vs Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 05:34:47 PM »
I don't know what all is available on the retail market for such software.  But, many freeware photo editors are available.  I don't know whether any of them would suit your needs.  Can you describe the main features you're looking for?

02bin3

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 05:55:34 PM »
Thank you for your reply, Soybean.  I am looking more for a program that will produce posters, flyers, ads, brochures and greeting cards.  It doesn't matter whether it has photo editing capabilities, although I think that the newer versions of Photoshop has those features.  Something with lots of choices for fonts and one that will let me imbed my own pictures into and that will save a file in the .pdf format.

soybean

Genius
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 05:59:13 PM »
Do you have a version of Microsoft Office?  If so, is it a version that includes Publisher?

02bin3

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 06:07:52 PM »
I have Office Home and Student 2007 and unfortunately, it does not include MS Publisher.  I got it on sale for $49.00 so I wasn't too concerned at the time about the fact that it didn't have publishing capabilities as I rarely used MS Publisher that came with Office 97 that I'd used for 13 years until I upgraded.

soybean

Genius
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2010, 06:53:49 PM »
Is there another program on the market, short of hocking the farm to buy Corel's Paintshop, that will do what Printshop does for around the same price? 
What price level are we talking here? 

soybean

Genius
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2010, 07:22:46 PM »
I'm really not familiar with any particular software of this type other than Publisher.  I believe you may be able to find freeware to do most, if not all, of what you want but you may have to get several programs since I suspect you will not find freeware that does all those things in one package. 

If you do a Google search on business card freeware, for example, you might find something like http://www.brothersoft.com/businesscardmonster-designer-pro-156421.html a viable solution.  And then, you would need to do separate searches for greeting cards, etc. 

And, stay tuned here.  Some other members may have better suggestions.

02bin3

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2010, 06:56:50 AM »
Most of the Printshop programs over the years have been around $40.  The latest and the greatest version, Printshop 2.0, is around $90 and from what I have read about it, it doesn't have a lot of the features that the older versions have.  Most people recommended sticking with Printshop 23 Deluxe. I don't doubt the reviews because I've noticed over the past 15 years that I have used various versions of Printshop, the earlier ones were the most user-friendly and had everything I required and this was a point brought out by some of the folks who have had to upgrade over the years because of their operating systems incompatibility with older versions.  Thank you