Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Serious virus need help asap  (Read 2514 times)

djshort23

Serious virus need help asap
« on: May 18, 2010, 10:02:06 PM »
serious issue with my system. Somehow some trogan/rogue has affected my system. It keeps flashing me virus alert and whenever i try to run any program it says "Application cannot be executed. The file  **** is infected......." (not even a command prompt or notepad can be opened but with multiple try sometime i get the command prompt but it is ridiculous).

Carnifex

Greenhorn

Re: Serious virus need help asap
    « Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 11:29:05 PM »
    Greetings, djshort23.

First off, disconnect your computer from the internet immediately. A hacker may be watching you, stealing your credit card numbers, passwords, and maybe even be using your computer's connection to help infect others.

I recommend booting into safe-mode to back up your important files, then rebooting from your OS's install disk to reformat your hard drive, and finally reinstalling your Operating System.

If you don't know how to do any of that, ask us and we'll guide you.

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Serious virus need help asap
    « Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 11:35:06 PM »
    Greetings, djshort23.

First off, disconnect your computer from the internet immediately. A hacker may be watching you, stealing your credit card numbers, passwords, and maybe even be using your computer's connection to help infect others.

I recommend booting into safe-mode to back up your important files, then rebooting from your OS's install disk to reformat your hard drive, and finally reinstalling your Operating System.

If you don't know how to do any of that, ask us and we'll guide you.
    Disregard the above, please.

Read here: http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,46313.0.html
    Start new topic here: http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/board,7.0.html
    Do NOT post any logs in THIS thread.