Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Mouse Error Message Blocking Everything Else  (Read 23125 times)

merlin_2

Re: Mouse Error Message Blocking Everything Else
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2005, 06:02:14 PM »
try ctrl+alt+del on the keyboard........is the num lock  light lit up....

Raptor

« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2005, 06:06:13 PM »
"on reboot hold down the del key or whatever key it is to  to acccess the bios"  

I can't use the keyboard to do this...

Are you by any chance connecting the PS/2 keyboard connector to that of the PS/2 mouse connector?

You should be able to use the keyboard outside of Windows XP (Before it loads, for example). If you can not do this, then either the keyboard is defunct or you are not connecting it properly.

As for the mouse; a mouse error should only be shown once Windows is loaded. There will be a notification that you are currently not using a mouse and that you now have a chance to connect one.

If I go get a different mouse/keyboard wouuld they work?

Have you tried using a very basic two button PS/2 or COM mouse and PS/2 keyboard without extra functions?

I would advise you to connect a mouse that has:

• Only two buttons
  • COM connector
  • Mouseball

If this works, you can remove all Logitech keyboard and PS/2 mouse related entries from the device manager.

COM mice are less than 5 dollars and may even be given away for free.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2005, 06:07:48 PM by Raptor »

summergoers

« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2005, 03:32:14 PM »
i have no keyboard usage...PS2 mouse does not work. ctrl+alt+del isn't a possibility...num lock light nor caps lock light are on.  Mouse and keyboard are both PS2 now and are plugged in correctly.  why would uninstalling / system restore fry things so?

Raptor

« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2005, 03:41:15 PM »
why would uninstalling / system restore fry things so?

You may have removed/corrupted/damaged important files whilst doing so.

You did not read all of what I wrote, please do so now.

merlin_2

« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2005, 03:42:14 PM »
If you have no num lock light.....on boot up this issue lies with the graphics card...are you plugging the mouse/keyboard to the correct ports in the back of the tower?

summergoers

« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2005, 04:46:59 PM »
 "You should be able to use the keyboard outside of Windows XP (Before it loads, for example). If you can not do this, then either the keyboard is defunct or you are not connecting it properly.  "

The only thing that I can do on the keyboard outside of XP is press the del key before XP loads.  It does not take me to the BIOS, it just beeps, and then proceeds to load XP.

"As for the mouse; a mouse error should only be shown once Windows is loaded. There will be a notification that you are currently not using a mouse and that you now have a chance to connect one.  "

There isn't a mouse error really...it doesn't tell me that I am or am not using a mouse.  It just gives the EM_EXEC error and the MFC30.DLL error telling me to reinstall.

"Have you tried using a very basic two button PS/2 or COM mouse and PS/2 keyboard without extra functions? "

At the moment, it can not detect basic PS/2 mouse or keyboard either.
 Both the mouse and the keyboard are plugged into the correct places on the tower.  That is not the issue.

If the uninstall removed / damaged important files, how do i fix that?

merlin_2

« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2005, 05:29:01 PM »
Ask dell>>>>>>>>>>>>

Raptor

« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2005, 04:35:46 AM »
Try using a COM mouse to remove all mouse and keyboard related drivers/entries from Windows.

summergoers

« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2005, 08:20:31 AM »
What is a COM mouse?

2k dummy

« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2005, 09:04:09 AM »
A com mouse is a serial mouse (connects to a serial port). Make sure your Logitech keyboard and mouse are NOT connected. Connect a plain jane mouse and keyboard and attempt to boot to safe mode. If you get into safe mode, go into the system configuration utility and look under startup items. This is normally where Em_Exec loads from. Uncheck it and click Apply. Reboot.

summergoers

« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2005, 10:29:38 AM »
I talked to Dell and it looks like I have to start from my Windows XP disc and lose important information in order to fix this.  If I hit F2 upon start up it will go to the screen, but hitting F8 to get into safe mode doesn't work.  Any other ideas since the keyboard does work a bit (F2 working)??

Raptor

« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2005, 01:15:17 PM »
I talked to Dell and it looks like I have to start from my Windows XP disc and lose important information in order to fix this.  If I hit F2 upon start up it will go to the screen, but hitting F8 to get into safe mode doesn't work.  Any other ideas since the keyboard does work a bit (F2 working)??

You may first wish to do as Dummy2k and I have said.

Connect a COM mouse. Obtain them at any computer store/dump or garage sale.

merlin_2

« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2005, 03:27:46 PM »
Graphics card........faulty or has the drivers.......

summergoers

« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2005, 03:09:59 PM »
so...i can't find a serial port mouse

but i did try repairing XP from the CD and although i got that to work, i am still getting the error messages..

ahhhh...

what happens if i completely reinstall instead of just repairing?

merlin_2

« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2005, 03:14:32 PM »
I would buy a new hard drive.<slave it>.....and transfer the files to it....rather than lose files!.....imaho...

Or use the dell recovery disk and reload the graphics drivers///or it may have the motherboard drivers on the disk!?....Some do some dont!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2005, 03:27:50 PM by merlin_2 »