Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help  (Read 5360 times)

worshipwarrior

Help
« on: July 13, 2005, 03:32:37 PM »
I have Win NT......2000 professional, which Idespise but am stuck with it..........the probelm is, I have been experiencing many freezes lately, I have ran virus scan, malware remover, adaware...etc..........all have corrected this until this morning........now I can not get the pc to boot-up. Windows will not boot at all. I can only get to the first screen where it is checking for harddrives and stuff before it completely freezes............any suggestions?

merlin_2

Re: Help
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2005, 03:36:53 PM »
Why do you hate win2k.....the flagship and clone of winxp/home pro.....?

More info on system specs are required!

worshipwarrior

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2005, 08:19:57 AM »
I hate it because I have had problems with it since I installed it............anyway, I am afraid the problem may be my processor has given up the ghost. I can't get my pc to do anything at all now.........so I suppose I am in the market for a new one.

merlin_2

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2005, 01:43:12 PM »
Restart pc hold down the f8 chose last good config from the options.......

Fed

• Sage
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #4 on: July 14, 2005, 01:46:03 PM »
    IMO w2k is rock solid, I've tried them all except for '95.
    Either way, it doesn't matter what OS you use if your hardware is broken.

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2005, 08:54:08 PM »
    Windows 95 is just 98 with fewer bells and more bugs!  You haven't missed out on much, Fed.

:)

Worship Warrior:

Wearing the full armor of God, today? (Ephesians 6)  

When you installed Windows 2000, was it an upgrade from a previous operating system or a clean installation of the full version of Windows 2000?

If it was an upgrade, was the previous operating system having problems before you installed 2000?