Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Uninstalling/Repairing Linux partition thats dual with Xp  (Read 3515 times)

LittleMiss

Uninstalling/Repairing Linux partition thats dual with Xp
« on: May 31, 2010, 07:37:14 PM »
I do not have a recovery CD for my Xp, no idea where it could be. Originally I wanted to download DSL on a Dell L700cx (desktop) running ME 2000. I tried it first with a CD I burned from my laptop at home but it would not boot so I decided to use Unetbootin on my laptop to install DSL. That worked and it booted but DSL seemed like a step down considering ME so I tried Saboyan. Saboyan did not boot. So next I tried Fedora also would not boot, some type of msg like "can not find media"' or maybe medium. And some silly msg like "going to sleep forever now" idk lol.

I think I need to completely delete DSL and the others first before trying a different one. Or can I just repair it?

Now, Im doing this all from my Laptop a Dell Inspirion 1200 but Im only testing these out for the old desktop. I know how to go into Computer Management and find my partition but it doesnt show any splitting there where I could delete the unetbootin/linux. I couldnt burn the ISO properly thats why I used the frugal install, perhaps I should have stopped when I ran into burning difficulties. =|

I dont know guys... help me please! =D