Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: speaker volume adustments?  (Read 1879 times)

hantaah

speaker volume adustments?
« on: June 01, 2010, 03:16:05 PM »
I have phillips desktop speakers with a sub. The speakers lead goes into the speakers out port in the sub and the there is a remote control which plugs into the green port in the computer.

My problem is, the remote control wire is snaped and the volume was turned down at the time so when I put the speakers directly into the back of the computer ther is only slight sound and the volume will go no higher. I've looked all through volume / setting and I cannot find a way to get the voume up.

Is there a way I can use the speaker without having to use the volume control it came with or can I control the volume the remote controls from the computer?

Many thanks

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: speaker volume adustments?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 05:18:06 PM »

My problem is, the remote control wire is snaped and the volume was turned down at the time so when I put the speakers directly into the back of the computer ther is only slight sound and the volume will go no higher. I've looked all through volume / setting and I cannot find a way to get the voume up.

Actually, this might not be why the sound is quiet- the reason you can hardly hear it is because the remote control hosted the amplifier. As you've learned, speakers are rather useless without an amplifier.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.