Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help with these 2 unknown services!?  (Read 2567 times)

Saurabhdua

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Experience: Beginner
    Help with these 2 unknown services!?
    « on: June 02, 2010, 06:46:53 AM »
    Hi Folks! :D

WELCOME Screen started staying for a longer duration & I decide to give "Services.msc" a peek!

Any ideas on the following  "Never seen before " services? Both of these lists with "Start up" type as AUTOMATIC!

>>Application Virtualization Client            and

>>Client Virtualization Handler

**My Wild guess >:D:: Must be associated with Office 2010 Beta!? Who else can be a BIGGER resource hog other than Microsoft?  :-X Am I correct? ...& can I change their "Start up" type to MANUAL?

pcs365_2

Beginner

Re: Help with these 2 unknown services!?
      « Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 08:02:43 AM »
      Hi,
       The first service is given below:

It may be possible to work around the issue by delaying the start time of the App-V client service until the first user successfully logs in. Follow these steps in order to delay the start of the Application Virtualization Client Service:

Step 1:
      Using regedit, navigate to the key named "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run".
      Remove the SoftGridTray value from this key. The SoftGridTray value will contain a path. For example:

SoftGridTray="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Application Virtualization Client\SFTTray.exe" /autostart

Step 2:
      Open the "Services" control panel applet.
      Display properties for the service called "Application Virtualization Client".
      Change the "Startup type" field from "Automatic" to "Manual".

PCS365.2
      Bangalore.