Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Removing CD-Rom drive cover.  (Read 3127 times)

Michelle

Removing CD-Rom drive cover.
« on: July 17, 2005, 03:02:48 AM »
Can somebody help me??? My CD-ROM drive cannot open with its cover on top... What exactly can I do to make the drive works normal?

If I remove the cover, it cannot read CDs. So, can I get just the cover somewhere?

Thanks yo.

merlin_2

Re: Removing CD-Rom drive cover.
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2005, 03:07:14 AM »
Desktop /laptop.......what do you mean by cover? the cdrom drive with not open?

Michelle

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2005, 04:09:20 AM »
Sorry, I mean the internal CD-ROM drive for a desktop pc.
I open the top of the drive and it works right away. The tray came out. But... when i put the top back on, it cannot come out.

Well, I wouldn't wanna replace it with a new one, there surely should be some thing that can be done on it to make it better rite? ???

merlin_2

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2005, 06:41:35 AM »
Place a paper-clip in the little hole <near the eject button.>....this will release the cdrom draw......and make sure the plastic cover it a lined properly......

Computer_Commando

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2005, 11:34:10 AM »
...I open the top of the drive and it works right away. The tray came out. But... when i put the top back on, it cannot come out....

I have no idea what you mean.

Raptor

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2005, 11:53:24 AM »
He means the plastic front.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2005, 12:04:37 PM by Raptor »

Michelle Shia

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2005, 06:15:01 AM »
Well, it seems like nobody understands me...

Actually I took out the CD-ROM drive from the casing, and unscrew it and pull up the drive casing...

and then the tray works perfectly without the casing...once i put the casing back on, the tray wouldn't come out again...

I am not sure what's wrong with the drive. and the small little whole near the eject button, i've tried, it doesn't work at all, the light blinks but the tray never comes out. This is really frustrating...

Please somebody help me!!!

Raptor

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2005, 06:35:48 AM »
See to it that nothing is blocking the mechanism. The plastic front may be damaged.

If you are refering to the metal casing, do not remove this.. Warranty will be voided.

Fed

• Sage
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #8 on: July 23, 2005, 06:32:20 PM »
    Well, it seems like nobody understands me...

Yep.

Hopester Doofus

Adviser

• Hope-ing To Help
      « Reply #9 on: July 23, 2005, 08:34:42 PM »
      Michelle, do you mean the plastic flap that folds away when the cd tray ejects ? What part do you mean when you say the "casing" ? We'll figure this out . . .
      There’s no limit to what you can achieve if you don’t mind who gets the credit.