Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: wireless mouse not working  (Read 5521 times)

lbx

wireless mouse not working
« on: June 10, 2010, 12:45:42 PM »
hey

Brand: silvercrest
Model: MTS 2218
2.4ghz usb receiver

I have just brought a wireless keyboard and mouse set from a friend who had it brand new and unopened, and i tried it at his house and it worked fine but when i got home, the mouse did not work but the keyboard connects and works fine, all i have to do is put the batteries in and it starts working

But the mouse does not seem to connect to the usb receiver , so when i put in the batteries into the mouse, the infra-red light on the mouse lights up,  the mouse also has a connection light on the top which flashes when you first turn the mouse on, by the time light stops flashing, the mouse should be synchronized to the usb receiver but for some reason it does not, hence the pointer on the screen does not move, and none of the mouse buttons do anything

On the manual it says, all i have to do is turn the mouse on and it should automatically synchronize all by itself but it does not seem to do this

Also there is no connect buttons on either the mouse or the usb receiver or the keyboard so i cannot reset it manually

The keyboard works so that indicates that the usb receiver must be working, so im guessing there might be a problem with the mouse like it might not be on the same frequency as the usb receiver or something like that

Things i have tryed:
-All the drivers are installed correctly
-Tried it on about 5 different computers with different OS, windows 7, vista, Xp
-tried it on friends computer again and still did not work
-tried brand new batteries
-tried different usb ports
-Uninstalled and installed most updated drivers
-installed the software on the cd it came with
-opened it up to see if everything was connected properly and it was

And so far noting seems to work

Does anyone know what could be the problem, as the mouse was working fine just like 2 days ago and it is not damaged as it was not dropped or anything.

Thanks...

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: wireless mouse not working
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 03:12:33 PM »
Download newest drivers.
Un install everything.
Remove batteries from Moue.

Fro newest drivers and remedies Google:
silvercrest mts2218 driver

Do the whole install over again.

Lots of people report this or similar problems, with the hardware.