Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: "Help" window/tab opening automatically and freezing laptop  (Read 3208 times)

Fenn

Topic Starter

Hi guys. I have a problem with my laptop, whenever i press N + j, k, u, y, 7 or 8  in succession whatever window im in will open a help window (in ff case it will open 50+ firefox help tabs) and everything will freeze. I can move the mouse but it wont click. I have to go in to alt+ctrl+del then task manager to exit the program.

Its a HP550 laptop, using Vista and the latest firefox. Also i have done a scan (several actually) with avg and it came back with some minor threats that where deleted.

Any help would be great as this is frustrating the *censored* out of me.

Thanks in advance

Ps. I apologise if this is in the wrong section

Mulreay

Re: "Help" window/tab opening automatically and freezing laptop
    « Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 02:28:41 PM »
    One would ask why would you press these keys in succession.. have they some meaning? You may want to try posting the topic in the Malware section of the site but I doubt that would help as your symptoms are so innocuous. You seem to have created a very specific problem.. and we will need more info.
    Please post your full system and software specs and anything else that could help.. be it error codes, trates or just random faults.
    Hope we can help   

Fenn

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 02:59:58 PM »
      Sorry i guess i wasnt clear, imeant it say n +j or n + K or n+ u etc.

killerb255

Adviser
        • Experience: Expert
        « Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 10:23:09 PM »
        Does your laptop have a "Fn" or "Function" button?  Sometimes the keys on the right side will perform alternative tasks when the "Fn" key is held down (or maybe stuck?).

...just a suggestion out of the blue. :)
        Quote from: talontromper
        Part of the problem is most people don't generally deal with computer problems. So for most they think that close enough is good enough.