Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help please cannot update anything  (Read 2855 times)

kalahari

Help please cannot update anything
« on: June 19, 2010, 08:33:19 AM »
A few months back I had a Conficker attack, followed by a fake antivirus attack.  I cleaned both of them.  Shortly afterwards I seemed to lose the ability to connect to update servers, not all of them but quite a few.  I play Legend of Mir 3 that will not update.  Windows itself will not update.  Adobe will not update.  There are a few others but cannot remember who.

Also I can no longer connect to my wireless printer.

I can use the internet fully in every other way, browse, download, upload, even play games online.  I can connect to other computers in the house and even stream off my laptop to my xbox.

I'm using a laptop, windows vista, firefox and a wireless router, I was using windows firewall but have switched to zonealarm to try to fix this, it didn't work.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be the problem or do you need more specific info to help diagnose it?

Cheers if you can help, cheers anyway for looking.

truenorth

Guru

Re: Help please cannot update anything
    « Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 02:44:06 PM »
    kalahari, Welcome to the CH forums. I would suggest given your post that you copy the post and reinsert it in the "Computer and virus spyware" portion of the CH forums. You may have done some things but perhaps have not removed ALL of the effects of your invasions. The people there are uniquely qualified to assit you in that regard. goodluck,truenorth