Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Print spooler service not running  (Read 8657 times)

Jake Hoechst

Print spooler service not running
« on: June 16, 2004, 12:24:01 PM »
 For no apparent reason the printer suddenly stopped accepting print command and brought up the above subject.  None of the trouble shooting topics seems todeal wiith this problem.  If someonee can help, the quicker the better.  I need to send out checks.

syntax_21

Re: Print spooler service not running
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2004, 08:02:45 PM »
Based on my experiences with regards to printer, printer spooling, and other stuff regarding printers...

Here would be my solutions:

1. If you really believe that you had the compatible driver for your device in that specific OS then you might have to check the printer cable... There are printer cable that seems to be in a very good condition yet it is no longer functional, meaning defective... But before doing so, check the printer cable if they are loosed... or just yet try to print something then tighten the connection between the CPU and the printer... i hope it would help...

2. If the printer cable is not defective and you had the most compatible driver for the printer device in that specific OS, why not try to check the memory of your printer, as well as the memory of your CPU? There might be not enough memory to perform the task... There are in some cases that no indications would pop-up if it lacks memory...

3. If in case the two reasons above didn't help at all... maybe by being more specific with giving the situation and condition would help us understand the trouble you are in to...

trials

Re: Print spooler service not running
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2004, 04:59:21 PM »
I am also having a similar problem, my old printer quit working so I bought a new one and it's a Lexmark X1185 printer with scanner and a copier.  It turns out that it still won't work.  I bought a new USB cable thinking the old cable may not work and that didn't help anything.  When I try to install the printer it says "No Printer Attached".  It thinks that there is no printer there.  If I restart windows XP nothing pops up about the printer or anything.  I cannot seem to get it to install.