Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Installing OS - Hangs  (Read 3511 times)

MrCracker

Topic Starter

Rookie
    Installing OS - Hangs
    « on: June 28, 2010, 04:47:14 PM »
    No matter what Linux distro I try to install.. at some point of the installation.. it always hangs.. would this be a hard drive probleM?

I'm installing from live CD.
    « Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 05:25:03 PM by MrCracker »

sun_os

Beginner

Re: Installing OS - Hangs
      « Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 02:29:59 AM »
      As I know Live CD never install file to H.D. I think you can check with the CD ROM / CD

I Shooter

Hopeful

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 08:23:07 PM »
        I had a problem installing Mint from a Live CD and it turned out to be the hard drive. It had been used in raid and Mint wouldn't install. I replaced the drive and every thing worked as it should. I am assuming that after you load the live CD that there is an install tab on the desk top that you click on to get it to install. My guess is that there is a problem with the hard drive.

Garthhh

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 01:44:11 PM »
          are you sure you have a good install disc?  I prefer to use a torrent, as the iso is much less likely to be bad having been confirmed more extensively than a straight down load....

you might try to reformat the HDD in live mode, install Gparted with the package manager [synaptic] & reformat to ext4, if you are trying to use one of the current distros [version of linux]