Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows 7 network error  (Read 2106 times)

malinga

Topic Starter

Starter

Windows 7 network error
    « on: July 08, 2010, 02:10:42 AM »
    I have a desktop and a laptop. I want to create a network between these two.I have done all posible effort.Windows 7 is the operating system installled on both.When I'am creating a home group "It says password is incorrect" even password is copy paste. Then I changed advance shareing options. No solution. Firewall status,

importantI'am the only one who is using this pc so I'am the admin and have full rights.

Some how I was able to access the other network (pc) but when I try to access shared partition (D) there comes a message saying

Windows can not access Coolmalia-pc\d

you do not hhave permission to access Coolmalia-pc\d with contact your administrator to request access.

talontromper

Hopeful
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: Windows 7 network error
    « Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 12:36:37 PM »
    So for starters, both have windows 7? Since your talking about setting up a home group for both i assume this to be true. Have you set up sharing on both computers? It requires some minor tweaking to set up a home group. You need to specify when folders you would like placed in the home group.  Question, are the user accounts on each computer the same? if not try this (refer to screen shot) Try setting it to manage the user accounts individually for the connection to the computer home group

[recovering disk space - old attachment deleted by admin]
    "One does not discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time." - Andre Gide