Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: power save?  (Read 6919 times)

shooshoo4

power save?
« on: June 17, 2004, 03:04:40 PM »
I am trying to help my friend get her puter up and running and we have checked and rechecked all the plugins and all seems fine but every time we try to turn it on we get a message that says cable disconnected go to power save. she moved and her computer was working just fine before the move. can anyone pleeeease help? it would be a tremendous help and greatly appreciated! shooshoo ???

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: power save?
    « Reply #1 on: June 17, 2004, 03:27:52 PM »
    shooshoo4......perhaps you could offer a little more info..Like what is the operating system and exactly what is the error message . It could be important

let us know

dl65  ???
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

MalikTous

Re: power save?
    « Reply #2 on: June 17, 2004, 04:24:07 PM »
    When some monitors are not plugged in to a PC, they display the message 'Power Saving Mode - Check cable connection' or something similar before going blank. If you are seeing this, your monitor cable is loose or unplugged, or could be physically broken inside at the plug. Or you could have bent pins or it could be jammed into a D-9 shell serial port connector...