Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: CD-ROM problem on XP  (Read 7327 times)

beretta91

CD-ROM problem on XP
« on: June 18, 2004, 08:27:19 AM »
Hi guys im new here but I hope you can help-

About a week or so ago my CD rom drive just,.. disapeared.

I didnt think of it as a big deal because it had happened b4 and I restored and it went back to normal.

a few days later I went to restore and it doesnt let me restore which I find really odd.

I opened up my computer cleaned it out and unplugged the cd rom drive, and restarted and said that it couldnt detect the secondary disk not detected, so im thinking the computer thought that my CDrom was a 2nd hard drive for some reason..

so I replug,restart again and it say New hardware found!
I think great, its back. but with that mssg I get the following in my device manager

"Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)" with a conflicted sign near it.

Does this mean I have to get the driver or what..? the CD rom doesnt work so I cant exactly put it back in..

If this helps my CD rom is a
_NEC CD-RW NR-9100A

I hope you guys could help me, I'd really appreciate getting help from people that know what theyre talking about. lol  :)

Raptor