Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: setting up my extender  (Read 2192 times)

two-dogs

Topic Starter

Intermediate

setting up my extender
    « on: July 28, 2010, 09:00:06 AM »
    Hi I know that this has been covered before, but I am not sure what to ask so here is my question.  I have a home network and I us a mbr 1000 cradle-point and it is setup in my office.  I have a wrt54gv8 in the other room that I want to increase the signal from the mbr.  I have dd-wrt on the wrt54g and want to setup my bluray player it is a samsung 6500 and it has wireless capability's.  As it is I get a signal but was hoping to increase it with the wrt54g.  So what I need to know what are the settings for the wrt54g and the bluray.........any help on this, and if there is a thread just point me to it, I am not afraid to read and figure it out........thanks.........two-dogs     

two-dogs

Topic Starter

Intermediate

Re: setting up my extender
      « Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 10:16:26 AM »
      Never mind I figured it out, all I had to do is access the router and put it in repeater bridge in the wireless section.  I then went to the tv and did a network search for the dd-wrt used auto config and walla it now has a excellent signal.........sorry to waste everybody's time.....two-dogs