Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HP COMPAQ PRESARIO F700 XP DRIVERS  (Read 16254 times)

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: HP COMPAQ PRESARIO F700 XP DRIVERS
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2010, 07:49:43 PM »
Actually, there is a way.
Grab a Linux distro, eg. Ubuntu, and install virtualbox.
And then, install windows XP in it.

Except then you aren't using the laptop drivers, your using virtualbox drivers, and you have an additional layer of emulation between them, Also, this has entirely nothing to do with the original problem.

TO everybody hawking "OMG the problem is solved" It wasn't.

Personally, for my toshiba laptop, absolutely <none> of the XP drivers for it were listed on the manufacturers(toshiba's) page. I had to actually research each individual component to get the proper driver- Intel Extreme Graphics driver from Intel, realtek driver from... well, I can't remember actually. I remember trying realtek, but they redirected me to intel, which redirected me to some other site and I eventually got a driver that worked. same story for all the other drivers as well. Then repeat that sequence once more for the XP x64 version.  Doesn't look like the story would be too different with the machine in question, either, given that the XP page only provides a Mouse driver, a program to update your installed HP crapware, and some lightscribe software. Nothing for sound, video, etc. So it looks like one would need to google the crap out of each component and get the proper XP drivers. Note. However, that you should never use a reference driver (such as the ones given out by nvidia) on a mobile variant, for far too many reasons for me to bother listing here. Just don't do it.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.