Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Cable Modem Reset  (Read 3213 times)

sierobin

Topic Starter

Rookie

Cable Modem Reset
    « on: August 01, 2010, 09:18:07 PM »
    Hello all,

I have a problem. Currently I only experience this on my desktop and I guess I'm quite confused on how to fix it. If I start to download or upload a large file my cable modem will reset itself automatically for no reason. Well there is a reason, I just can't figure out why. Somehow I guess I'm bottlenecking it to death to the point of reset but if anyone has any ideas on how to fix this, I would appreciate it greatly.

Thank you,
    Sierobin

binghamjc

Rookie

Re: Cable Modem Reset
      « Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 10:03:30 PM »
      I do not know that I can help you with the technical aspects of your problem, in fact I am pretty sure I can't.
      However, unless you can supply more information like the type of cable modem (manufacturer and model), perhaps file sizes of files that cause the reset and file sizes of ones that do not cause it, I am pretty sure no one else can either.
      Have you contacted customer support at your cable supplier?
      JcB

sierobin

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: Cable Modem Reset
        « Reply #2 on: August 01, 2010, 10:12:16 PM »
        This only occurs if I'm uploading large files or downloading large files say over 1GB or around that.

Sorry for the lack of information but it is an Arris TM402P VOIP Broadband Modem.

No I didn't contact Comcast yet, since it only happens in particular cases and only with MY desktop, none of the other computers in the house.

Thank you for the reply though.