Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Reg: terminal services prob  (Read 6993 times)

sree

Topic Starter

Beginner

Reg: terminal services prob
    « on: August 06, 2010, 05:10:37 AM »
    Dear All,

am using terminal services for the remote users to access my application... which i given path in the "Environment Tab" in the user properties. Now for one user they continues telling that they are unable to access application ..... i.e., they are able to login terminal services but it shows blue screen..   after this when i do forceablly  log-off or if i remove and past the application path in " Env Tab" then its working fine.

am not getting what the problem...  do i need to increase RAM to come over this.. 

plz tell me your view...

RAM : 2GB

Thanks for you time...

michaewlewis

Intermediate
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Reg: terminal services prob
    « Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 09:19:51 AM »
    I'm not sure what this "environment tab" is. Can you go more into detail about your setup?

sree

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 12:41:52 AM »
      for few terminal users we did this kind of setup... when they open the TS account  appropriate application will come on screen...    This we can achieve by giving the application path in Env tab...  we can able to set this as follows...

Active Directory  users and computers --> users --> "useraccount"--> right click and go to "properties" --> click on "Environment Tab" --> click on check box "Start with this application" --> Provide the path.

... for few users they are unable to get this application when they logged into the account..  and blue screen was showing(ie., application wasn't starting)..

michaewlewis

Intermediate
        • Yes
        • Yes
      « Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 11:32:52 AM »
      Check the path to make sure it is entered correctly.
      What's the processor and memory usage on the terminal server? How much ram is installed?

killerb255

Adviser
        « Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 08:38:06 AM »
        Maybe the app's not compatible with Terminal Services?

What Terminal Services client are the users using?  6.1?  7.0?
        Quote from: talontromper
        Part of the problem is most people don't generally deal with computer problems. So for most they think that close enough is good enough.