Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: avira / advanced registry optimizer  (Read 5313 times)

melspeller

Topic Starter

Starter

avira / advanced registry optimizer
    « on: August 08, 2010, 03:00:53 PM »

hi all i am having probs with the computer when i am on the web (sky) every now and then the computer freezes and / or crashes totally and throws up a blue screen with white writing?!?!

i am convinced i have picked up some viruses... only when i run Avira it says no viruses found

when i run my advanced registry optimizer which i paid for last yr it straight away found 44! viruses!
    then a day later another 14...

i am a little confused why one is finding and the other isnt? my understanding was the antivirus (avira) would stop any viruses coming in.... where as the advanced thing got rid once you actually had them?! please correct me if i am wrong or using the wrong programmes

could someone anyone please advise what is best and even after keep getting rid of these viruses its finding am i still having problems !! arghhhhhh! many thanks in advance, mel
     ???

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: avira / advanced registry optimizer
    « Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 03:04:42 PM »
    1) Avira is an anti virus utility
    2) Advanced registry optimizer is NOT an anti virus utility
    3) Advanced registry optimizer is a waste of your money. You should never use ANY registry optimizers or cleaners. They are not only worthless, but they often cause major problems.
    4) What is the blue screen error message you get? And what OS are you using so I can move this to the correct forum?

melspeller

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 03:18:24 PM »

thanks for your quick reply

its a shame ive wasted my money on the A R O, so is it NOT actually finding errors and viruses then? its telling me it is, and then telling me im cleaning them up! bit confused...
      am i best to delete it entirely, if you think its causing problems in itself??
      to be honest i havent written down the blue screen errors, i will deffo do so as soon as it happens again. not good on my part i know, but this happened yesterday and this morning and i only thought to join this forum and send a message tonite.
      i am operating on vista i believe although not 100% abt that as someone else set it all up for me.
       thank you again mel

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 03:21:49 PM »
      Your software is not telling you that it's finding viruses. What makes you think it is? It's telling you that it's finding "registry errors" (which is nonsense, by the way). I don't know what is causing your problems, but I would not be surprised if it is the registry utility. Just let us know what the blue screen error says.

melspeller

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 03:29:37 PM »

oh ok maybe it has a devious way of making you think that its viruses that its found!
        i will stop using it, thanks for this adivce
        wont waste your time any more tonite, i will deffo write the error down as soon as it happens again
        thanks mel