Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: sound card  (Read 8164 times)

sweemaa35

sound card
« on: June 18, 2004, 06:41:52 PM »
ive just installed a new sound card and now my tv card won,t work sound card is an Audigy 2 and tv is ATI ALL-IN WONDER  ???

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: sound card
    « Reply #1 on: June 18, 2004, 07:55:04 PM »
    sweemaa35.....back up and take me through this again ...
    You have a ATI vid card.....which was working ok and an sound card ......which I assume was also working ok and you simply wanted to remove that card and replace it with a better one.......So you removed the old sound card ......removed all the associated software ( drivers)
    plugged in the new sound card .....Windows saw it and asked you to install the drivers.......ok .....then what happened ?

let us know

dl65  ???
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

sweemaa35

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2004, 07:21:31 AM »
    to dl65 i had on board sound ac 97 which i have disabled in bios and sound card is fine but when i click on tv an error page comes up and says it needs to close device manager says everything is working so i am stumped

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2004, 08:04:57 AM »
      sweemaa35....If you go .....start/control panel/system/hardware/device manager/sound, video and game controller.........do you see any referance to the on board sound ?

Dl65  ???

sweemaa35

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2004, 08:12:05 AM »
      ONLY THE CREATIVE AUDIO HQ WHICH CAME WITH THE CARD REALTEK SOUND MANAGER HAS GONE

sweemaa35

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2004, 08:15:49 AM »
      dl65
      there is somthing called unimodem fullduplex audio device

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2004, 08:20:22 AM »
        sweemma35.......what is your viv card again .......and are you using win95 ????? or did you forget to add the full name of your ATI card ......there are a number of "wonder cards"

dl65  ???

sweemaa35

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2004, 08:44:11 AM »
        dl, windows xp home,ati card is all-in-wonder 9200se 256mb and sound card is creative audigy 2 ive disabled that unimodem sound thing and its changed nothing